Rural Mutual Insurance
Become a member of our outstanding customer service team. This entry level position provides the opportunity for someone to learn and perform the various functions of the department.
Compensation: $30,000 - $35,000 per year based on experience - Position is hourly.
- Process policy transactions by reviewing new business, changes and renewals based upon written underwriting guidelines and accurately complete service requests including entering of information into the appropriate computer system in a timely manner. Work with internal/external underwriting staff to resolve coverage questions.
- Process daily Farm Bureau new memberships, changes and payments timely and accurately.
- Perform billing related functions by applying and validating payments for billings, reinstatements, cancellations and collections from various payment channels. Assist with tasks related to daily deposit. Release of premium refunds.
- Answer Inquiries from Agents, Agent Assistants and Customers and 3rd parties by receiving questions regarding policy or billing via telephone, workflow software, FAX, electronic mail, Internet or written requests and respond accurately, promptly and in a professional manner.
- Participate in On-Call Storm Coverage Team by taking on-call coverage on a rotating basis to provide claims coverage during storm season as identified in the On-Call Storm Team Coverage Requirements.
- Assist with the daily distribution and prepping of incoming and outgoing mail and daily UPS shipments.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Prior office experience, preferably in property and casualty insurance.
- Type accurately at 55 WPM.
- Ability to process one or more lines of business.
- Proficient PC skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective Telephone Skills.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to multi-task on a PC while conducting telephone conversations.
- Team Player.
- Basic bookkeeping/accounting skills.
- Understanding of the insurance business and products of Rural Mutual Insurance Company preferred.
- Proven Customer Service experience preferred.
- Accounts receivable experience.
- Problem solving skills.
- Participation in industry related programs such as IIA etc preferred.
$30,000 - $35,000 per year based on experience
About Rural Mutual Insurance
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for the 11th consecutive year and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.