Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak
This associate attorney role is responsible for handling probate litigation cases for the firm’s trust and estate department. These cases will involve probate litigation with a focus on will contests, trust disputes, and breaches of fiduciary duty. The role will work closely with other attorneys and firm support staff and provision of legal services as directed by the Partners, all in accordance with Firm policies and procedures.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Provide research and analysis of legal issues related to litigation (guardianship, trust reformation, contracts disputes, will contests, debtor-creditor law).
- Manage case progression and client communications.
- Develop strategies, determine priorities, and identify issues for each case.
- Oversee and review the work product from paralegal and support staff.
- Draft substantive complaints, motions, oppositions, correspondence and other pleadings for contested matters.
- Draft and respond to interrogatories, subpoenas and document requests.
- Meet with clients and/or their legal representatives, and attend all required meetings, hearings, and other necessary appointments to provide the legal planning and services necessary to meet their goals.
- Work to make client satisfaction a top priority, finding quick resolution to client complaints and concerns.
- Represent the firm in the community by participating on boards, committees and in other community groups, when appropriate.
- Work closely with marketing staff, provide guidance and assistance with the promotion of the law firm and its affiliated services throughout the service area, including but not limited to, presenting seminars, writing articles, radio speaking engagements, speaking at events, and relationship-building with existing and potential referral sources.
- Report any potential threats to the success of Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak to the Executive Director or Owner.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and personnel information in accordance with Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak’s confidentiality policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited school of law with a current license to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania
- At least 2-3 years of experience doing probate litigation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is needed
- Able to work independently while handling multiple files
About Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak
At Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak, our commitment to a solutions-oriented work environment is realized through teams that are bound by mutual respect and accountability and who strive for continuous learning and growth.
Does that sound like an environment you would like to work in? Are you a team player who is eager to learn, solutions-oriented, and reliable? If so, we may have a place for you on our team!
We have offices in Williamsport, State College, Wyalusing, and Wysox, PA. We also have opportunities for virtual positions!
Our employee benefits include: Paid time off, Holiday Pay, Jury Pay, Birthday Off, Bereavement Leave, Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Gym Membership, and Tuition Assistance.