Law Office of Patrick J. McLain, PLLC.
We are seeking an experienced military defense attorney to join our team. We are trial attorneys who fight for clients and always strive to get excellent results. You will be provided with a team and a supportive work environment to get the job done.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manage a diverse and substantial caseload from intake to case completion
- Develop case strategy
- Effectively work with clients and prepare for trials and hearings
- Independently handle day-to-day decision-making on cases
- Regularly interact with courts and opposing counsel to effectively move cases forward to a successful conclusion
- Perform weekly case reviews and ensure communication with clients
- Ensure all client notes and data are captured in the Case Management System
- Analyze case-specific legal issues and draft motions, appeals, and other legal documents
- Prepare for and attend/travel to hearings and trials around the world
- Ensure that all deadlines are calendared accurately and attended without fail
- Approve all legal documents and ensure that they are filed before deadlines
- Build a strong relationship with our law office team and clients
- Provide leadership and direction to paralegals
- Work as part of a team with all levels of experiences
- Cultivate relationships with the firm’s referral sources
- Record all-time daily to ensure minimum hours are billed in client services each week
Top 5 competencies/characteristics to be successful in the POSITION
- Time Priority Management
- Confident and resilient
Top 5 competencies/characteristics to be successful in RELATIONSHIPS (culture fit)
- Sound Judgment
- Teamwork Collaboration
- Self-motivated and governed
Technical Skills (unlimited, but required – not desired)
- Written Communication
- Legal Research
- Passion for trial work
- Knowledgeable in military culture
Education and Experience
- 5 years minimum experience
- Graduate from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law
- Practiced as counsel in courts-martial and administrative boards.
About Law Office of Patrick J. McLain, PLLC.
We are a Dallas-based law firm specializing in federal criminal defense and military justice cases around the world. We take pride in fighting for people when the government is going after them. Our primary concern is preserving the reputations and futures of our clients.