Our firm is hiring an associate attorney who will support us by conducting legal research, drafting documents, maintaining client files, and assisting with legal counsel. The ideal candidate will have some courtroom experience and strong legal research and writing skills. If you’re ready to jump-start your growth in the industry and learn how to strategize in the courtroom to successfully represent clients, reach out to us today!
- Organize and maintain files to ensure accuracy for other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Create legal documents, including correspondence, briefs, motions, pleadings, contracts, affidavits, and settlement agreements for contract negotiations and proceedings
- Communicate with senior associates, paralegals, and clients to ensure cases are handled efficiently
- Review client issues on legal matters, analyze available options, and diligently work to determine the best course of action
- Perform legal research, prepare for and attend hearings or other legal proceedings, and give general counsel under the supervision of senior associate attorneys
- Effective communication skills and problem-solving skills are necessary to work with all levels of staff and clients
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the ABA (American Bar Association)
- Successful completion of the bar exam
- Has a Juris Doctor (J.D. degree) from an accredited law school
- Prepared to learn from senior attorneys to meet our client needs and grow our client base
About Melone Hatley
Melone Hatley is a female-owned business with offices in Virginia Beach and Fairfax. We prioritize our clients through exemplary legal work, client communication, and an understanding approach. We value a real work/life balance and believe that are biggest asset is our team.