Ting Law Group PC
Do you love fighting for immigrants? Know the difference between H-1B and PERM? Like to spot issues and problem solve?
If the answer to these questions is “Heck, yes!” and if you are a licensed attorney, we may have the ideal position for you.
Our national immigration firm is looking for a leader who is ready to look for a challenge. Someone who can work with our leads team to sign up new cases, five days a week.
Talking to immigrants and the people who love them to help figure out if our firm can help navigate the immigration process and get them the benefit that they desire.
You don’t have to fill out or revise forms, and you don’t have to worry about collecting payments from anyone. Instead, you get to work entirely remotely from the comfort of home.
We are the Immigration Problem Solvers by Ting Law Group PC.
We provide comprehensive training through TLG University, and hands-on learning by working side-by-side with our attorneys. We invest in our attorneys and advance their careers by providing opportunities for substantive client contact as well as significant involvement in case strategy and management.
There is also the opportunity to learn from our team to build your own brand. No other law firm offers this.
If you are looking for more flexibility than the 9 to 5 pm type of job, then we offer an attorney ambassador program aka 'of counsel (contract work)".
- Performance bonus (eligibility begins after 90 days of service)
- Medical & dental, vision insurance
- Paid vacation, mental health days, and holidays
- Flexible on work location (home or office)
- Retirement account with match benefits
- Paid CLE, Bar dues, malpractice dues
- Paid professional development
- Review client issues on legal matters, analyze available options, and diligently work to determine the best course of action
- Collaborate with clients and senior associates and other staff to move cases toward resolution efficiently
- Draft documents such as correspondence, pleadings, motions, briefs, affidavits, settlement agreements, and contracts to be used in proceedings and contract negotiations
- Organize and maintain files to ensure accuracy for other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Attend court hearings or other legal proceedings, perform legal research, and work with senior associate attorneys to provide legal advice
- Conduct consultations through Dialpad conference
- Notate all lead and current client interactions through our CRM software
- Create short-length videos (usually 20-30 seconds) with tips to leads or provide quick updates to current clients
- Create mid-length videos (3 minutes) to share step by step process
- Work with our leads team to sign-up new cases
- Explain complicated immigration concepts and present strategic solutions for clients in a digestible way
- Participate and/or lead meetings with the Leads Team and Production Team
- Supervise production team in preparing petitions/applications
- Write and review cover letters, briefs, and application packages before delivery to USCIS, etc
- Draft legal documents, including but not limited to motions and briefsResearch case law, regulations, and statutes to defend client’s rights
- Legally evaluate the eligibility of foreign nationals for nonimmigrant and immigrant benefits
- Review immigration forms for accuracy
- Review evidence and offer suggestions for the Production Unit to request
- Draft, review, and/or revise H-1B, EB, and other petitions/applications, PERM Labor Certification audit responses, and complex RFEs for filing with the USCIS
- Effectively manage client relationships
- Effectively manage complex projects under tight deadlines
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Attend interviews at USCIS Field Office or court appearances
- Occasional travel is required
- Appear on GreenCardGuys TV youtube channel as a co-host with managing attorney John with or without him during live and/or recorded shows
- Build vital relationships with community organizations and bar associations
- Represent pro bono or low bono clients who are typically victims of domestic violence
- Commit to working a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Attend community and bar association events to represent the law firm
- Minimum 2-3 years experience with employment-based immigration (I know this sucks but this is our current need. You can still apply as a new grad so we can follow up in the future)
- Prepared to learn from senior attorneys to meet client needs and grow client base
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the ABA (American Bar Association)
- Solid communication skills and problem-solving skills are required in order to work with clients, staff members, and senior attorneys
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree required from an accredited law school
- Candidates must have passed the bar exam
- Active bar admission in any state (TX, CA, or NY Bar preferred)
- Native or Near-Native fluency in both Spanish or Chinese and English is a MUST (written and spoken)
- Familiarity with various legal documents and immigration law
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Solid organizational skills with a laser-focused eye for detail
- Ability to communicate actively and clearly with accuracy
- Ability to build rapport with people
- Focused on results – proactive with a strong bias for action
- Competent solutions-oriented thinker and problem-solver
- Strategic and "out of the box" thinker who is eager to contribute suggestions and add value to cases
- An insightful approach to evaluating potential cases that fit with the firm
- Eager to be mentored and to continually learn and grow
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Open to feedback from any and all team members
$65,000 - $80,000 yearly
About Ting Law Group PC
At Ting Law Group, our team members are the key to our success. If you join us, you will have access to tech-friendly tools in a supportive and professional environment. We invest in your career development. We care about work-life balance.
Remain the premier law firm on obtaining legal status for our clients with a collaborative team nationwide.
OUR MISSION: We empower clients to understand their legal rights and options while delivering exceptional customer service. We guide companies on how to grow their team with immigrants working legally while solving immigration problems for our clients.