Associate Attorney – Estate Planning
At McCullough Law, we are dedicated to securing legacies by operating and excelling under a distinctive business model that departs from traditional law firm practices, positions, and duties. Our focus is sophisticated and specialized estate planning and asset protection. We are looking for a long-term, invested associate attorney who desires to be part of an elite and united team as our industry and company expand.
The Associate Attorney is tasked with working closely with clients and team members to prepare (i.e., draft) customized estate planning and asset protection plans. They will assist clients through the probate and/or trust administration process. They must participate in the preparation, application, review, and execution of all areas within the firm. They are responsible to be mentored by attorneys, learning from a motivated team, receiving and implementing constant feedback given by team members, proactively growing in the role, and adapting quickly in our fast-paced environment.
- Critical Thinking
- Observant Problem Solver
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Skills
- Client Relations
- Progress and Results Driven
- Team Player
- Emotional Intelligence
- Building Relationships with Associates
- Clearly outline notes and project information to ensure quality at the source.
- Prepare initial drafts of documents and thoroughly review drafted documents (e.g., Wills, Health Care Directives, Powers of Attorney, Grantor Trusts, Non-Grantor Trusts, Trust Administration, and Probate).
- Proactively support and assist the McCullough Law team.
- Provide clients with an elevated and customized experience by consulting with clients to discern their wishes and gather information for drafting the appropriate documents.
- Succinctly and confidently communicate high-level concepts of estate planning.
- Consistently demonstrate a high degree of motivation.
- Meet internal and external deadlines.
- Manage multiple high-priority tasks at a time.
- Promptly and effectively communicate via mail, email, phone, virtual meeting, and in-person interaction to engage clients and to inform team members of client status.
- Advice on the estate, gift, GST, and income tax matters along with proper administration of trusts and post-death procedures.
- Build relationships and communicate with financial advisors, accountants, and other members involved in a client’s estate.
- Develop a client following to increase firm revenue and track all billable and non-billable work.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Complete CLE requirements, as required.
- Always adhere to firm policies and procedures.
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Training, Work Experience
- D. Degree. Additional licensure or education, such as MAcc, LLM, MPA, or MBA is helpful.
- Ability to apply concepts and knowledge to effectively recommend and implement estate planning and tax strategies – both oral and written.
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written.
- High attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks, and meet all deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate the client’s needs and the firm’s needs to avoid unpreparedness.
- Possess high standards and a mindset of excellence.
- Demonstrated experience with relevant firm software programs such as Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
About McCullough Law
At McCullough Law, we believe that our people and firm have infinite potential. As a team we create and foster a culture where each employee can discover, contribute, and maximize their potential for overall happiness, satisfaction, and success as individuals, families, and communities. Our culture is based on and around the importance of relationships, continual improvement, and extending our expertise and services to clients and companies for generations.
As a member of the McCullough Law team, you will have the opportunity to work with team members and clients of the highest caliber. We offer an exceptional work culture that is focused on personal and professional development, high standards, and team success. Our firm is currently experiencing exponential growth. As such, there is great potential for advancement opportunities and long-term careers.