Cannon & Associates
We are seeking a Fierce Advocate as an associate who has a passion for criminal defense help take our growing law firm to the next level. We are not your typical law firm. We are poised for aggressive growth, and we’re looking for an attorney who can hit the ground running to give our clients outstanding representation in court and Fierce Advocacy. You need to have strong oral advocacy, research and writing skills and know your way around a courtroom. If you are passionate about getting into the courtroom and willing to learn, this position may be for you!
You’ll also be responsible for keeping client files up to date and covering for other attorneys in the office from time to time. If you’ve successfully completed law school, passed the state bar exam, and are seeking a full-time opportunity to practice law with plenty of room for growth, start your application today!
- Keep files organized to make sure the most recent updates are accessible to other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Assist clients in determining a proper solution to legal conflicts and determine the best course of action
- Communicate with senior associates, paralegals, and clients to ensure cases are handled efficiently
- Perform legal research, prepare for and attend hearings or other legal proceedings, and give general counsel under the supervision of senior associate attorneys
- Take ownership of each client's case and walk beside them through the process they are facing. Including, felony and misdemeanor cases: discovery, pleadings, and motions; pretrial hearings, motion hearings, and criminal trials.
- Solid communication skills and problem-solving skills required in order to work with clients, staff members and senior attorneys
- Willingness to learn from senior attorneys to meet our client needs and grow our client base
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree required from an accredited law school
- Candidates must have passed the bar exam
- If you think the Constitution is a technicality, please don’t apply.
- If you think filling out a plea form is the best thing you can do for a client, do not apply.
- Skills and experience are important and valued, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are also extremely important considerations. We need an attorney who already has litigation experience, but experience and attitude are just as important.
$45,000 - $60,000 yearly
About Cannon & Associates
Cannon and Associates, PLLC is dedicated to Fierce Advocacy for Families and Freedom. We fight for those facing criminal charges, military justice, divorce, or child custody issues. We are dedicated to working with technology to make our lives and the lives of our clients easier. We use client software, integrations, and Policies, Systems, and Procedures ("PSPs") to efficiently serve each and every client. Our firm is growing and looking for highly motivated people to join our team of fierce advocates to help us serve more clients with the highest level of customer service!