Law Office of Susan A. Katzen
Are you an attorney with experience in Estate Planning, Special Needs Planning, Trust Administration, Probate, and/or Conservatorships? Do you want to work at a firm where your work really matters? This is not the typical small law firm! Our entrepreneurial law firm is small enough that everyone is a critical part of the team, yet big enough to offer the security and benefits you want. Work where you know the Owner, have daily interaction with clients, and help us grow the firm.
We are a Trust, Estates, and Special Needs law firm located in Newport Beach that is seeking a positive and compassionate full-time Associate Attorney who is looking for a career position where he/she can grow with a firm, be challenged and work in a familial and collaborative environment. Here, the Law Office of Susan A. Katzen provides exceptional personalized legal services and peace of mind that empowers clients to plan for and protect the two most important things in their lives: the people they love—especially those loved ones with a disability—and the assets they possess to ensure family harmony.
Our ideal Associate Attorney would have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Preparing, reviewing, and editing Accounting Petitions, Petitions for Instructions, Probate Petitions, Conservatorship Petitions, Ex Parte Applications, Declarations, and other pleadings in the area of Probate Law
- Overseeing Court Supervised Trust Administrations, Probate cases, and Conservatorship cases from inception to closure of the case
- Reviewing Probate Notes and Tentative Rulings and addressing the same via Supplements
- Collaborating with the Owner and Senior Associate Attorney to ensure case progress through the pipeline
- Delegating work to paralegals, legal assistants, and law clerks, and monitoring their work
- Leading and participating in initial consultations and client meetings
- Cultivating relationships with the firm’s existing and future clients by maintaining consistent and timely communication
- Appearing at hearings, either in person or online
- Communicating with Clients and ancillary parties, including but not limited to, Trustees, Financial Advisors, bond companies, attorney firms, and settlement consultants, to provide case status and to obtain information and documentation needed
- Coordinating with the billing department for generating invoices on matters
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in two (2) the following areas: Estate Planning, Special Needs Planning, Trust Administration, Conservatorships and/or Probate
- Licensed with the California State Bar
- Has the capacity to handle matters and clients independently (after a period of orientation and monitored work)
- Shows compassion when dealing with clients and has a talent for winning their confidence and respect
- Is willing to work hard to see that clients receive top-notch service and results
- Has strong computer skills with extensive experience using MS Office Suite, timekeeping, and case management software
- MUST have emotional intelligence and empathy. Our ideal Associate Attorney must have compassion for our clients and for humankind, and cannot be someone who does not take criticism well or cannot deal well with people.
- We are strong believers in the team approach and our office is a team environment, so if you are not a team player, this is not the job for you.
- Excellent references are required.
$80,000 - $120,000 plus bonus in compensation
About Law Office of Susan A. Katzen
The Law Office of Susan A. Katzen provides personalized legal services and peace of mind that empowers our clients to plan for and protect the two most important things in their lives: the people they love—especially those loved ones with a disability—and the assets they possess to ensure family harmony. We practice exclusively in the areas of estate planning, special needs planning, trust administration, settlement planning, probate, and conservatorships.
Why work with us? We value our employees and their individual success. We provide
- Continuing education
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Health Insurance benefits
- 401K plan with employer matching (after the qualification period)
- We also love to give back to the special needs community. Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the year