Do you want to provide a bright future?
We are an entrepreneurial, highly sought after Family Law Firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we need an experienced attorney to join our team and work directly with the owner and attorneys to support the team and help our clients.
We want to be known for helping our clients come out of an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them. We are growing fast, and we need a professional dynamo who can hit the ground running.
This position will be responsible for important work, including:
- Manage full case handling responsibilities from inception through resolution.
- Independently handle decision making on a case by case basis.
- Develop a strategic approach and provide leadership and direction to paralegals and legal assistants.
- Work as part of a team with all levels of experiences and be open to cross-training for coverage outside the associate duties.
- Cultivate relationships with the firm's existing and future clients.
- Analyze case-specific legal issues and documentation.
- Foster and maintain an excellent rapport with clients through consistent communication and thorough advisement.
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be our next attorney dynamo:
- You do not take the client’s issues personally
- You are an amazing scheduler with a sickening degree of attention to detail
- Your middle name is “No Drama”
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You are not a Debbie Downer (while fun to watch, she is not fun to work with)
- You have a positive outlook
- You love challenges
- You love to help transform lives
- You are a team player
We love to help people learn and grow, but we don’t have the time for that right now. We need a Family Law Associate with experience in heavy asset divorces, highly contentious family law, and dependency matters. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal hand-holding.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
- Manage full case handling responsibilities from inception through resolution
- Independently handle decision making on a case by case basis
- Develop a strategic approach and provide leadership and direction to paralegals and legal assistants
- Work as part of a team with all levels of experiences and be open to cross-training for coverage outside the associate duties
- Cultivate relationships with the firm's existing and future clients
- Analyze case-specific legal issues and documentation
- Foster and maintain an excellent rapport with clients through consistent communication and thorough advisement
- Conduct and defend depositions
- Client preparation
- Conducting settlement conferences
- Supervise support staff
- Florida Bar Membership
- At least 5-years experience
- Community Involvement
- Meet minimum billable hour requirement
- Trial Experience
- Negotiation Skills
- Minimum networking requirement
- Deposition Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Maintains good relationships in the legal community
- Involvement in the legal community
$65,000 - $95,000 yearly
About McKinnon Legal
McKINNON LEGAL's passion lies in bringing about better solutions for the family litigation clients we serve. We aspire to expand her practice to a multiple-lawyer organization to serve more families going through hard times coping and resolving a myriad of issues, including co-parenting, timesharing, the amicable division of assets acquired during the marriage, support and other ancillary matters related to the family. We enjoy bringing people out of difficult situations and are grateful when they let us know how our firm has made a huge impact on the trajectory of their futures. We love bringing resolution to acrimonious situations and helping post-divorce parties live better.