Derek L. Hall, PC
Are you a recent law school graduate looking to work with experienced attorneys and paralegals who will give you opportunities to further your legal career? If so, we are looking for you! Our firm is hiring an associate attorney who will support us by conducting legal research, drafting documents, maintaining client files, and assisting with legal counsel. The ideal candidate will have some courtroom experience and strong legal research and writing skills. If you’re ready to jump-start your growth in the industry and learn how to strategize in the courtroom to successfully represent clients, reach out to us today!
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents such as contracts, pleadings, briefs, affidavits, motions, and settlement agreements for contract negotiations and proceedings
- Analyze conflicts in legal matters, advise clients on solutions, and negotiate on behalf of clients
- Resolve cases efficiently by using communicating effectively with and working alongside senior attorneys and paralegals
- Perform legal research, prepare for and attend hearings or other legal proceedings, and give general counsel under the supervision of senior associate attorneys
- Keep files organized to make sure the most recent updates are accessible to other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Lead a team of paralegals, legal assistants and other support staff to accomplish client goals and company goals.
- Develop and implement strategies to resolve the clients’ cases in a favorable and cost-effective manner.
- Advise clients of their legal options and assist them in understanding the possible outcomes and risks involved in their case.
- Provide a path to obtain superior results for our clients.
- Effective communication skills and problem-solving skills are necessary to work with all levels of staff and clients
- Ability to work with senior attorneys to best serve client needs and grow our client base
- Active member of the American Bar Association (ABA)
- Completion of a Juris Doctor (J.D. degree) from an accredited law school
- Successful completion of the bar exam
- Possess a proven track record of success in resolving pre-litigation and litigation cases in the area of Personal Injury.
- Participated as first chair in at least three trials.
- Participated as second chair in at least three jury trials.
- Understands and has demonstrated the ability to direct issue-driven depositions.
- Has successfully implemented case plans and strategies for client matters.
- Has successfully created and implemented a case budget for client matters.
$60,000 - $80,000 Annually + Bonus
About Derek L. Hall, PC
Derek L. Hall, PC is a Ridgeland, Mississippi-based law firm that emphasizes personal growth and development for its employees and staff. We believe that our team is vital to the success of our business and to our clients. We encourage finding better ways to help our employees and our clients through proven processes that create benefits in personal development, professional development, and overall happiness. We have a "never satisfied" mentality.
Come join our exciting, growing team.
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK.