Jamile Moraes Pellicer P.A
We are seeking an Associate Attorney who has a passion for Family and Employment Immigration Law to help take our growing law firm to the next level.
We are not your typical law firm. Our Founder and Managing Attorney is rapidly growing the business and we need an attorney who is ready to hit the ground running in providing our clients outstanding representation. You must have strong research and writing skills and be a quick learner.
- Communicate with senior associates, paralegals, and clients to ensure cases are handled efficiently
- Keep files organized to make sure the most recent updates are accessible to other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Draft documents such as correspondence, pleadings, motions, briefs, affidavits, settlement agreements, and contracts to be used proceedings and contract negotiations
- Review client issues on legal matters, analyze available options, and diligently work to determine the best course of action
- Attend court hearings or other legal proceedings, perform legal research, and work with senior associate attorneys to provide legal advice
- Provide full immigration services: family immigration, employment immigration, deportation defense.
- Take ownership of a client's case – federal immigration proceedings and immigration affirmative applications.
- Manage cases from start to finish, with attention to detail.
- Delegate work to Paralegals and Legal Assistants, manage deadlines, and monitor their work.
- Conduct client meetings and recommend legal strategies.
- Make brilliant legal arguments, and also be ready to pull up their sleeves and do forms and make copies if a deadline needs to be met.
- Skills and experience are important and valued, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are also extremely important considerations. Attitude and compassion are very important.
- High-maintenance, humorless, self-entitled, or self-important individuals will not succeed in this position and need not apply.
- You must view your profession as a priority; if we can’t count on you to show up in court on time prepared to zealously represent your client, don’t apply.
- Confident when faced with a highly emotional client and the ability to handle the situation with professional demeanor and top customer service.
- We are growing, and you may be called upon to wear multiple hats. We need someone who does not think that the occasional need to scan your own documents is “beneath you."
- Completion of a Juris Doctor (J.D. degree) from an accredited law school
- Successful completion of the bar exam
- Solid communication skills and problem-solving skills required in order to work with clients, staff members and senior attorneys
- Prepared to learn from senior attorneys to meet our client needs and grow our client base
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the ABA (American Bar Association)
- Graduate from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in the United States.
- Be in good standing with the Bar Association.
- Bi-Lingual or Tri-Lingual – Spanish a must; Portuguese a plus.
- Must be local to the Tri-County area (Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach) – in-office position
Salary is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable. The compensation package includes base salary plus bonus compensation for production and performance. We offer a generous benefits package including health insurance and paid time off. We also pay for continuing legal education, bar dues, and some approved voluntary bar memberships.
About Jamile Moraes Pellicer P.A
Why you should work for Jamile Moraes Pellicer P.A.
There are jobs, and then there are careers. At the Law Office of Jamile Moraes Pellicer, P.A. you will have the opportunity to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful. You will challenge yourself, learn new skills, and immediately see how your work contributes to our law firm and client goals. We focus on each employee’s personal, professional and financial growth. Imagine being surrounded by smart, ambitious, motivated, and positive people, day in and day out, who all come together for one common goal: to help families stay together in the USA and realize their American Dream.
We aim to improve the immigrant community one family at a time. Work in an environment where you will be valued.