Jamile Moraes Pellicer P.A
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn from some of the most esteemed attorneys and grow your career? Our law firm is looking for the next associate attorney to assist in providing legal counsel to our clients. You will work closely with our senior partners and associates, conduct legal research, draft documents, and maintain client files. If you’ve recently graduated from law school, have excellent fact-finding and communication skills, and are ready to jump-start your career in the legal industry, we want to hear from you!
- Create legal documents, including correspondence, briefs, motions, pleadings, contracts, affidavits, and settlement agreements for contract negotiations and proceedings
- Communicate with senior associates, paralegals, and clients to ensure cases are handled efficiently
- Maintain client files in an organized fashion to ensure up-to-date information is handy for other attorneys, paralegals and support staff
- Attend court hearings or other legal proceedings, perform legal research, and work with senior associate attorneys to provide legal advice
- Analyze conflicts in legal matters, advise clients on solutions, and negotiate on behalf of clients
- Take ownership of a client's case – federal immigration proceedings and immigration affirmative applications
- Provide full immigration services: family immigration, employment immigration, deportation defense
- Manage cases from start to finish
- Conduct client meetings and recommend strategies
- Delegate work to Paralegals and Legal Assistants and monitor their work
- Make brilliant legal arguments and also pull up their sleeves and do forms and make copies if that needs to be done
- Prepared to learn from senior attorneys to meet our client needs and grow our client base
- Solid communication skills and problem-solving skills required in order to work with clients, staff members and senior attorneys
- Completion of a Juris Doctor (J.D. degree) from an accredited law school
- Successful completion of the bar exam
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the ABA (American Bar Association)
- Skills and experience are important and valued, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are also extremely important considerations. We need an Attorney who already has litigation experience, but attitude and compassion are just as important
- High-maintenance, humorless, self-entitled, or self-important individuals will not succeed in this position and need not apply
- You must view your profession as a priority; if we can’t count on you to show up in court on time prepared to zealously represent your client, don’t apply
- Confident when faced with a highly emotional client and the ability to handle the situation with a professional demeanor and top customer service
- We are growing, and you may be called upon to wear multiple hats. We need someone who does not think that the occasional need to scan your own documents is “beneath you."
- Graduate from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in the United States
- Be in good standing with the Bar Association
- Bi-Lingual – Spanish a must; Portuguese a plus
- Must be local to the Tri-County area (Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach) – in-office position
- 1-2 years of experience in immigration private practice
$60,000 - $100,000 yearly
About Jamile Moraes Pellicer P.A
Why you should work for Jamile Moraes Pellicer P.A.
There are jobs, and then there are careers. At the Law Office of Jamile Moraes Pellicer, P.A. you will have the opportunity to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful. You will challenge yourself, learn new skills, and immediately see how your work contributes to our law firm and client goals. We focus on each employee’s personal, professional and financial growth. Imagine being surrounded by smart, ambitious, motivated, and positive people, day in and day out, who all come together for one common goal: to help families stay together in the USA and realize their American Dream.
We aim to improve the immigrant community one family at a time. Work in an environment where you will be valued.