Law Offices of Scott Glovsky
Associate Attorney - Make a Difference in people's lives every day
Small, successful boutique plaintiffs firm that focuses on health insurance bad faith, catastrophic personal injury, and sexual abuse cases seeks a strong writer to handle the firm’s law and motion, strategically direct cases, and conduct discovery. Seeking a self-starter, a strategic thinker, an efficient tasker, a problem solver, and a team player. Must be passionate about getting justice for those wronged.
Salary is based on experience.
About Our Firm:
- A congenial work environment where every voice is heard
- The novel, high-impact cases that will improve people’s lives
- The firm understands the value of work-life balance
This position includes health insurance.
- Responsible for litigating and managing a diverse caseload from inception through pre-trial, trial, and appeal when necessary
- Evaluate potential cases, interview clients and witnesses, and conduct pre-filing investigation and research
- Draft law and motion from initial complaints through all pre-trial motions and oppositions to trial and post-verdict pleadings
- Draft and respond to discovery
- Take and defend depositions, including percipient witness and expert depositions
- Make court appearances, primarily in state court
- Support the firm’s marketing efforts including content creation
- Occasional travel
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 3-4 years of litigation experience with substantial law and motion experience
- Familiarity with California state and federal court procedure and substantive law
- Experience with bad faith, and personal injury cases
- Deposition and some trial experience
- Class Action experience
- Bilingual is not required but a plus
- Independent, self-starter, motivated, hardworking, efficient, driven, strong writer and researcher, indefatigable, respectful, calm, flexible, organized, empathetic, patient, clear communicator, professional, energetic advocate, ethical and humble
- Strong work ethic
- Develops strong collaborative relationships and aligns well with company culture
- Enjoys working with a small team and gets along well with others
- Focused on results – extremely proactive with a strong bias for action
- “Can do” attitude and commitment to seeing case work to completion
- Competent solutions-oriented thinker and problem-solver
- Creative, strategic, and ‘out of the box’ thinker who brings ingenuity and is eager to contribute ideas and add value to cases
- Highly organized, detail oriented and can effectively multi-task
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Strategic expertise emanating from a superior understanding of the law
- Insightful approach to evaluating potential cases that fit with the firm
- Eager to be mentored and to continually learn and grow
About Law Offices of Scott Glovsky
Scott Glovsky founded the firm in 1999 to hold major corporations accountable for putting their bottom line profits ahead of peoples’ lives. Scott is a skilled trial lawyer on a mission to make a real difference in our clients’ lives and change the system so that others will not suffer similar fates. We get justice for our clients and hold the wrongdoers accountable.
Our mission is to help people who have been wronged. We promise to our clients that we care about you and your cause, we will listen to you, support you, be available for you, be responsive to you, empower you, and always put your needs first. We will be honest with you, treat you with dignity and respect, and fearlessly and boldly fight like hell for you. We promise to fight for what is right, only take cases that we believe in, expose wrongdoing, and make our community better. We will do everything we can to always be the best prepared, win through exposing the truth and provide the best lawyering possible.