LGR Law Group
Are you looking for your next opportunity to continue to grow and learn from an esteemed criminal trial attorney? Our law firm is looking for the next junior associate attorney to assist in providing legal counsel to our clients. You will work closely with our partner to conduct legal research, draft motions, briefs, and appeals, visit clients at jails and in the office, and attend a variety of court hearings, and second-chair criminal trials, with the goal of quickly handling a complete caseload. If you have at least one full year of experience with criminal matters (prosecution or defense), including actual hands-on courtroom experience, have excellent research and writing skills (former law clerk is a plus) and solid communication skills, and are ready to be a true criminal trial lawyer, this is the job for you.
- Review client issues on legal matters, analyze available options, and diligently work to determine the best course of action
- Keep files organized to make sure the most recent updates are accessible to other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Collaborate with clients and senior associates and other staff to move cases toward resolution efficiently
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents such as briefs, motions, and sentencing submissions
- Do legal research and prepare memorandums of law regarding complex criminal issues
- Correspond with clients via email, in person, and telephonically
- Correspond with clients' families
- Negotiate pleas and other resolutions with prosecutors on behalf of our clients
- Visit clients in the office and in the jail
- Review discovery and analyze the same
- Attend Court hearings regarding bail and detention, pleas, sentencing, motions, and trials.
- Review plea agreements and sentencing reports with clients
- Review and understand the United States Sentencing Guidelines
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree required from an accredited law school
- Solid communication skills and problem-solving skills required in order to work with clients, staff members and senior attorneys
- Prepared to learn from senior attorneys to meet our client needs and grow our client base
- Applicants must be licensed to practice in New Jersey and New York
- Able to easily commute to NJ office and Courts and jails in New York and New Jersey area
About LGR Law Group
We are a woman-owned, highly regarded federal criminal law firm with offices in New Jersey and New York. We fight for our clients' rights and protect their freedom. Hourly rate negotiable for law school grad.