Kelley & Grant, P.A.
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn from some of the most esteemed attorneys and grow your career? Our law firm is looking for the next associate attorney to assist in providing legal counsel to our clients. You will work closely with our senior partners and associates, conduct legal research, draft documents, and maintain client files. If you’ve recently graduated law school, have excellent fact-finding and communication skills, and are ready to jump-start your career in the legal industry, we want to hear from you!
- Draft documents such as correspondence, pleadings, motions, briefs, affidavits, settlement agreements, and contracts to be used proceedings and contract negotiations
- Perform legal research, prepare for and attend hearings or other legal proceedings, and give general counsel under the supervision of senior associate attorneys
- Assist clients in determining a proper solution to legal conflicts and determine the best course of action
- Collaborate with clients and senior associates and other staff to move cases toward resolution efficiently
- Keep files organized to make sure the most recent updates are accessible to other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Communicating with clients to learn about their legal needs and concerns and preparing their cases for hearing.
- Developing strategies to resolve cases favorably and cost-effectively for clients.
- Explaining legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or threats to their attention.
- Developing arguments and regularly attending and representing clients in civil legal proceedings.
- Preparing legal documents, such as contracts, complaints/motions, demand and collections letters, pleadings, and violation letters accurately and in a timely manner.
- Staying informed about current legislation, especially concerning legal specialties.
- Candidates must have passed the bar exam
- Effective communication skills and problem-solving skills are necessary to work with all levels of staff and clients
- Willingness to learn from senior attorneys to meet our client needs and grow our client base
- Has a Juris Doctor (J.D. degree) from an accredited law school
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the ABA (American Bar Association)
- Licensed Florida attorney in good standing
$65,000 - $75,000
About Kelley & Grant, P.A.
Kelley & Grant, P.A. offers Florida homeowners, homeowners and community associations, and investors a full array of real estate legal services. These include transactional and litigation representation ranging from landlord-tenant law, security deposit disputes, escrow deposit disputes, association corporate representation, collections, association creditor bankruptcies, lien foreclosures, mortgage foreclosures, suits for damages, deed transfers, covenant preparation, violation letters, along with a wide variety of other civil legal matters.
Our mission is to provide effective legal advice and representation at reasonable rates.