The Law Offices of Precious Felder, LLC
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn from some of the most esteemed attorneys and grow your career? Our law firm is looking for the next associate attorney to assist in providing legal counsel to our clients. You will work closely with our senior partners and associates, conduct legal research, draft documents, and maintain client files. If you’ve recently graduated law school, have excellent fact-finding and communication skills, and are ready to jump-start your career in the legal industry, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a Family Law Associate Attorney for our family law division, with two or more years of experience to become apart of our team! You will represent clients in court at trial and mediation, draft legal documents and advise clients on complex domestic and family law cases. The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge in dealing with complex domestic cases and will be an experienced, tactful litigator.
As a Family Law Attorney, your responsibilities include:
- Client meetings, including initial consultations
- Drafting pleadings, discovery, motions and court orders in matters involving divorce, child custody, child support and related issues
- Developing tactful litigation strategies based on versatile client objectives
- Negotiating settlement agreements
- Understanding and applying Georgia law, including local court rules, state statutes and rules of evidence
- Manage assigned cases from inception to closure
- Interact and delegate select tasks to assigned support staff
- 2 to 5 years of previous experience in domestic litigation
- Familiarity with various legal documents
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
- All staff and customers are required to wear masks. Temporary remote work is available.
- Family Law Litigation: 2 years (Preferred)
- GA Bar License (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Assist clients in determining a proper solution to legal conflicts and determine the best course of action
- Collaborate with clients and senior associates and other staff to move cases toward resolution efficiently
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents such as contracts, pleadings, briefs, affidavits, motions, and settlement agreements for contract negotiations and proceedings
- Perform legal research, prepare for and attend hearings or other legal proceedings, and give general counsel under the supervision of senior associate attorneys
- Organize and maintain files to ensure accuracy for other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Ability to work with senior attorneys to best serve client needs and grow our client base
- Effective communication skills and problem-solving skills are necessary to work with all levels of staff and clients
- Active membership with the American Bar Association (ABA)
- Applicants must have successfully passed the state bar exam
- Has a Juris Doctor (J.D. degree) from an accredited law school
$80,000 - $110,000
About The Law Offices of Precious Felder, LLC
The Law Offices of Precious Felder, LLC is a small boutique law firm located in Atlanta, GA specializing in the areas of Family Law, Entertainment Law & Business (d/b/a FAM Legal and ENT Legal).
We pride ourselves on providing quality service to a diverse pool of clientele in the central and surrounding metropolitan Atlanta area. We believe in work-life balance and value a comfortable yet professional work environment.