Woodson YMCA, Inc.
Assistant Teacher - Part and Full Time
Woodson YMCA is currently seeking a Part-Time Child Care Teacher Assistant for our Classrooms!
The Child Care Assistant Teacher position is responsible for ensuring that a safe, high-quality childcare program is operating at all times and to assist in planning and carrying out a daily program in accordance with the State of Wisconsin licensing regulations. We seek someone committed to professional leadership to the achievement of the Child Care and YMCA’s Christian mission and purpose as well as to conduct personal and professional affairs in a manner that will exemplify the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Adult access to the Y with three great locations and Camp Sturtevant.
- Discounts on Y programs and childcare.
- Ensure the guidance and safety of all children in your care.
- Assure childcare licensing rules are met.
- Responsible for assisting in planning, supervising and implementing activities.
- Responsible for assisting in planning and preparing the children's learning environment, setting up classroom centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Follow the daily classroom schedule in accordance with the program.
- Care for and maintain childcare program equipment and property.
- Maintain positive relationships with children, parents, other teachers and staff members.
- Participate in and assist with planned family events.
- Answer parent concerns or make appropriate referrals to Child Care Director.
- Be responsible for knowing children’s whereabouts at all times.
- Attend professional workshops and staff meetings in order to be in compliance with continuing education policies.
- Make daily observations of the health of the children and isolate any sick child. Alert Child Care Director of any concerns.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with families - with respect to confidentiality.
- Assist in any other appropriate ways.
- See to the safe operation of all equipment utilized. Attend the required training sessions each year related to but not limited to CPR, First Aid and Child Abuse.
- Display and exemplify the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of the job performance and in relationships with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Completed high school or equivalent as determined by the Department of Public Instruction.
- Must have Early Childhood 1 and Early Childhood 2 or have a degree in Early Childhood or related field.
- Prior experience working in childcare or with children a must.
- Meet all state licensing guidelines as stated in HFS46 Licensing Rules for Group Day Care Center.
- Possess and demonstrate ability to interact with children on an on-going basis at the child’s level.
- Physical exam, including TB test six months prior to beginning work or within 30 days after starting.
$11 - $13 hourly
About Woodson YMCA, Inc.
The Woodson YMCA is an engine of transformation in our community. Our programs, services and initiatives: enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for leadership, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a service ethic. We instill our core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility and Respect throughout our Y programs.
People come to the Y to learn, have fun and get fit. But they soon discover skills, confidence, a sense of well-being and a connection to the world around them. You can find a gym, swimming pool or a treadmill in lots of places but it is our cause that makes the Y different. After serving our community for 127 years, just think of all those lives we have shaped and the future we have changed for the better. We really do strengthen the foundation of our community.