Montessori Kids Universe
Montessori Kids is hiring a qualified full time or part time Assistant Teacher!
The ideal candidate must have good leadership skills and the ability to relate well to children and adults, including parents, staff members, and visitors. Our ideal candidate must be able to accept differences in style and personality among teachers and children and must have the ability to supervise one or more assistant teachers. This person MUST be flexible in their work schedule and also must be eligible to work in the United States. Must have the ability to internalize and act upon suggestions and requirements imposed by Management Team.
Assisting the lead teacher in planning and implementing the daily program, including the following:
- Treating all children with dignity and respect.
- Have a passion for educating young children.
- Planning activities that will encourage each child’s growth in the areas of emotional, social, cognitive, and physical development.
- Recognizing and considering the individual needs of each child in relation to cultural and socioeconomic background, handicaps, special talents and interests, style and pace of learning.
- Helping children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
- Establish and maintain safe and healthy learning environment for all children in age group.
- Work to prevent injuries and handle emergencies, accidents and injuries appropriately when they occur.
- Supervising the classroom, according to the plans of the teacher when the teacher is out of the room.
- Helping with meals and preparation of snacks.
- Assisting the teacher in other appropriate ways, including the normalizing of the classroom.
- Maintaining professional attitudes, behavior, and dress at all times while on duty. This includes using the proper channels to air problems and complaints.
- Participating in professional organizations that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
- Follow licensing and company protocols
- Generally promoting a good rapport among staff members.
- Sharing with the teacher the responsibility of maintaining a clean room.
- Develop strong classroom management and be able to maintain classroom order.
- Capable of carrying out other related duties assigned by the Teacher or Director.
- Be willing to work with the Administration staff to make Montessori Kids Universe a school of excellence.
- Follow personnel policies of the center.
- Maintain neat appearance.
- Report problems promptly to teacher.
- Come to the center rested and able to deal with the demands of the children.
- Participate in all training scheduled by Montessori Kids Universe.
- Capable of communicating effectively both orally and in writing as applicable to the job responsibility.
- Ability to lift a child 50 lbs. or more.
- Ability to move furniture/toys/equipment in the classroom.
- Ability to use computers and handle paperwork.
- Ability to multi-task: answer phones, look up information.
- Ability to concentrate on a task.
- Ability to remain alert at work.
- Capable of communicating with emergency personnel.
Must be at least 21 and have a HS diploma or its equivalent and have ONE of the following:
- 1-2 years of experience in a center or 2 years of experience in a family child care home.
- Complete 24 clock hours of training in child development within the first 12 months of employment. (This is in addition to annual in-service training hours. Credential coursework could be counted.)
- Have CPR/First Aid certification or be willing to obtain one.
$10 - $13 DOE
About Montessori Kids Universe
With Montessori Kids Universe, you can journey toward professional independence as you change the lives of the children you serve. A leader in the industry; Montessori Kids Universe offers an opportunity that is unparalleled. Our unique growth model delivers a Montessori academic environment - coupled with our proprietary Reggio-inspired enrichment curriculum. We are the premier national and international system of Montessori schools currently opening locations throughout the U.S. We welcome you to our schools and invite you to learn more about Montessori Kids Universe.