Family Forum, Inc.
Full Time; Part Year with Summers off; Health, Dental, Life insurance; 403B retirement with 2% match; Flexible Benefit Account; Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave
To assist the classroom teacher and center manager in providing services to children and families. Work in partnership with the classroom teacher and assist in providing services to children and families.
- Actively participates in classroom team meetings for at least one time per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Assists in the pottying of children to include diapering.
- Communicates with the teacher on progress of the children and other related duties.
- Supervises individual/small groups of children at an activity.
- Plans, prepares, and develops various teaching aids such as games, story aids, and hands on activities for the children.
- Prepares the classroom for the days activities and cleans after the children leave.
- Implements CLASS tool while engaging in classroom interaction and child individualization goals.
- Assists children, individually or in groups with skill development to encourage learning concepts.
- Encourages and supports children's interest and goals.
- Demonstrates respect for families' values, strengths, and cultures by welcoming their contributions and participation, encouraging children to talk about their families, and designing learning experiences accordingly.
- Implements agency's active supervision policy and classroom zoning plan.
- May be required to substitute as teacher during any short term absences.
- Responsible for the sanitation of tables and toys.
- Bus monitoring.
- Maintains credentials required for the position.
- Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Early Childhood Education.
- Or enrolled in a program leading to an associate or baccalaureate degree or enrolled in a child development associate credential program to be completed within 2 years - required.
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.