Family Forum, Inc.
Assistant Teacher(40 hours per week) Full-Time
To assist the classroom teacher, teaching team, and center manager in providing services to children and families. Work in partnership with the classroom teacher and assist in providing a healthy and safe environment.
Eligible for the full benefit package
Paid training (Introduction of the Child Care Profession non-credit course within 3 months of hire)
- Assists in recruiting families
- Actively supervises all children ensuring all are within sight and sound of the employee and complies with all active supervision strategies
- Engages in activity with the children, including constantly bending/squatting/sitting at the level of the child
- Actively participates in classroom team meetings at least one time per week for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Assists in the toileting of children to include diapering
- Communicates with the teacher on the progress of the children and other related duties
- Supervises individual/small groups of children at an activity
- Plans prepares and develops various teaching aids such as games, story aids, and hands-on activities for the children
- Prepares the classroom for the day's activities and cleans after the children leave
- Implements CLASS tool while engaging in classroom interaction and child individualization goals
- Assists children, individually or in groups with skill development to encourage learning concepts
- Encourages and supports children's interest and goals
- Demonstrates respect for families' values, strengths, and cultures by welcoming their contributions and participation, encouraging children to talk about their families, and designing learning experiences accordingly
- Implements agency's active supervision policy and classroom zoning plan
- May be required to substitute as a teacher during any short term absences
- Responsible for the sanitation of tables and toys
- Bus monitoring
- Works in a team environment
- All staff are to ensure the health and safety of children at all times and report any known misconduct
- Assists with conducting emergency drills
- Eligible for the full benefits package (Health, Dental, Life, 403B Retirement, FSA, Holiday pay, vacation, sick, wellness leave)
- Summers off!
- Minimum qualifications: child development associate credential (CDA) in preschool or a related state awarded certificate (Ex. WI Registry Level 7). Note: Starting rate of pay for CDA: $11.24 per hour
- Preferred qualification: Associate of Arts degree in early childhood education: $11.95
- Obtain 25 hours of continuing education, annually
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.