Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is dedicated to preparing children and their families for success through high-quality programming and family support all while fostering meaningful relationships!
We are looking for a Full-Time Assistant Teacher to work in partnership with the classroom teacher to assist in providing a healthy and safe environment. The ideal candidate is committed to our mission to support the entire school family's wellness and success. This position is limited-term and includes paid on-the-job training. This position is also eligible for participation in our full benefits program.
- Actively participates in the COVID -19 Prevention Directive
- Actively supervises all children ensuring all are within sight and sound of the employee and complies with all active supervision strategies including classroom zoning
- Engages in activity with the children, including constantly bending/squatting/sitting at the level of the child
- Actively participates in classroom team meetings at least once per week for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Assists in the toileting of children including diapering
- Communicates with the teacher on the progress of the children and other related duties
- Supervises individual/small groups of children at an activity
- Plans, prepares and develops various teaching aids such as games, story aids, and hands-on activities for the children
- Prepares the classroom for the day's activities and cleans/sanitizes after the children leave
- Implements CLASS tool while engaging in classroom interaction and child individualization goals
- Assists children, individually or in groups with skill development to encourage learning concepts
- Encourages and supports children's interests and goals
- Demonstrates respect for families' values, strengths, and cultures by welcoming their contributions and participation, encouraging children to talk about their families, and designing learning experiences accordingly
- May be required to substitute as a teacher during any short term absences
- Reports any known misconduct
- Assists with conducting emergency drills and bus monitoring
- Assists in recruiting families
- Minimum qualification: Child Development Associate credential (CDA) in pre-school or a related state awarded certificate (Ex. WI Registry Level 6 or higher). Note: Starting rate of pay for CDA is $11.25 per hour
- Preferred qualification: Associate of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education (Rate of pay increases to $11.95 per hour for an AA degree)
$11.25 - $11.95 hourly
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.