Family Forum, Inc.
Full-Time; Part-Year with Summers off; Health, Dental, Life insurance; 403B retirement with 2% match; Flexible Benefits Account; Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave
To assist the classroom teacher and center manager in providing services to children and families. Work in partnership with the classroom teacher and assist in providing services to children and families.
- Assists in recruiting families.
- Actively supervises all children ensuring all are within sight and sound of the employee and complies with all active supervision strategies.
- Engages in activity with the children, including constantly bending/squatting/sitting at the level of the child.
- Actively participates in classroom team meetings at least one time per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Assists in the pottying of children to include diapering.
- Communicates with the teacher on the progress of the children and other related duties.
- Supervises individual/small groups of children at an activity.
- Plans, prepares, and develops various teaching aids such as games, story aids, and hands-on activities for the children.
- Prepares the classroom for the day's activities and cleans after the children leave.
- Implements CLASS tool while engaging in classroom interaction and child individualization goals.
- Assists children, individually or in groups with skill development to encourage learning concepts.
- Encourages and supports children's interests and goals.
- Demonstrates respect for families' values, strengths, and cultures by welcoming their contributions and participation, encouraging children to talk about their families, and designing learning experiences accordingly.
- Implements the agency's active supervision policy and classroom zoning plan.
- May be required to substitute as a teacher during any short term absences.
- Responsible for the sanitation of tables and toys.
- Bus monitoring.
- Maintains credentials required for the position.
- Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Early Childhood Education.
- Or enrolled in a program leading to an associate or baccalaureate degree or enrolled in a child development associate credential program to be completed within 2 years - Required.
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.