Family Forum, Inc.
Full time and part time positions available!
Family Forum, Inc. is dedicated to preparing children and their families for success through high-quality programming and family support all while fostering meaningful relationships!
The Assistant Teacher position works in partnership with the classroom teacher to assist in providing a healthy and safe environment. They are committed to our mission to support the entire school family's wellness and success.
The full benefits package includes; Group Health (working 30 or more hours), Dental (working 30 or more hours), Life, 403B Retirement, Flexible benefit Plan; Paid time off;
Family Forum, Inc. offers a comprehensive professional development system for employees and paid, on-the-job training.
- Actively participates in the COVID -19 Prevention Directive
- Actively supervises all children ensuring all are within sight and sound of the employee and complies with all active supervision strategies including classroom zoning
- Engages in activity with the children, including constantly bending/squatting/sitting at the level of the child
- Actively participates in classroom team meetings at least once per week for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Assists in the toileting of children including diapering
- Communicates with the teacher on the progress of the children and other related duties
- Supervises individual/small groups of children at an activity
- Plans, prepares and develops various teaching aids such as games, story aids, and hands-on activities for the children
- Prepares the classroom for the day's activities and cleans/sanitizes after the children leave
- Implements CLASS tool while engaging in classroom interaction and child individualization goals
- Assists children, individually or in groups with skill development to encourage learning concepts
- Encourages and supports children's interests and goals
- Demonstrates respect for families' values, strengths, and cultures by welcoming their contributions and participation, encouraging children to talk about their families, and designing learning experiences accordingly
- May be required to substitute as a teacher during any short term absences
- Reports any known misconduct
- Assists with conducting emergency drills and bus monitoring
- Assists in recruiting families
- Minimum qualifications: Child Development Associate credential (CDA) in preschool or a related state awarded certificate (Ex. WI Registry Level 6)
- Paid Training available for noncredited courses
- Preferred qualification: Associate of Arts degree in early childhood education ($11.95/hr)
*Candidates will receive 5% less than the starting rate of pay until CDA or related credential is obtained
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.