Wetherington Homes, Inc.
Growing real estate development firm in Chesapeake, Virginia looking to add an Assistant Superintendent to our team. This position will report to the Site Superintendent and is responsible for assisting them with daily responsibilities and tasks. We are seeking someone who is hard working, dependable, punctual, organized and has experience in construction management.
- Assists Site Superintendent with the supervision and performance of on-site construction activities.
- Schedules and monitors work of foundation, concrete and framing subcontractors and personnel.
- Fills in for punch out personnel and Superintendents as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
Please submit salary requirements with resume.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills:
- You must be an optimistic and positive person. Our company is comprised of a small group of people and our culture is very important to us.
- You must be a team player. While you will be reporting to the Site Superintendent you will also be working with a small team of staff who are all accountable to each other. If you can't get along with one another and work together to get the job done right the first time, this is not the job for you.
- You need to be able to talk to people (all people... including employees, subcontractor, clients, visitors, salespeople and the general public) in a manner that is polite, professional, well-spoken and puts them at ease. You cannot "talk down" to anyone you interact with in our office.
- We are slow to hire but quick to fire. If you are lazy, if you don't show up to work on time, if you take a ton of cigarette breaks during the work day, then this job is not for you. If you want to spend time Monday through Friday surfing the internet, looking at Facebook, or chatting on the phone this is not the job for you.
- If you are one of those people who seems to get sick on Thursday night, Friday morning, or Sunday night and that keeps you from coming to work and being productive on Fridays and Mondays, this really is not the job for you. We understand that everyone gets sick, but we also know there are people out there who get sick when it is convenient for them and don't care what their long weekend does to the rest of the team. If this is you, please do not apply for this position, because if we hired you it would not be fair to the rest of the staff and your employment with us would end very quickly.
- Additionally, if you are above sweeping out a home, picking up trash, or helping out in another area of the job site, this is not the job for you.
- If you are hired, you will be part of a wonderful team of people, who work hard to get the job done right the first time and take pride in the work that they do. You will be part of a team that is rewarded for hard work. Our team enjoys coming to work, being productive and enjoying each other's company.
- Degree or other technical training in engineering, construction management or comparable field.
- Experience with framing and foundation layout.
- Construction skills including but not limited to painting, drywall finishing, carpentry, siding, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50lbs
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs repeatedly throughout the work day
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8 continuous hours in exposed weather conditions
About Wetherington Homes, Inc.
Wetherington Homes, Inc. is a developer with over ten years of building experience in the South Hampton Roads area. We develop communities and homes predominately in Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Portsmouth. We built approximately 80 homes last year and are steadily growing. Our company is comprised of a small group of people who love what they do and we are looking for candidates who will compliment our team.