The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for managing at least 200 apartment units. Responsible for coordinating and managing vendors/tradespeople to complete preventive and on-call maintenance spread over approximately 50 buildings across northern Rhode Island. Responsible for leasing vacant apartments, and retaining quality tenants. Position requires a strong enterprising spirit, ability to be flexible, open-minded, and creative in challenging situations. Career advancement opportunities abound for an ambitious person as this is a dynamically expanding company.
In order to achieve success with our team, the ideal applicant must embrace certain core principles and values.
- Tenacity and enthusiasm
- Ensure portfolio is rented to the fullest capacity.
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Coordinate and Conduct showings of available apartments to prospective tenants.
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Take applications and approve applicants based on the minimum requirements.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to the software System accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete, and submitted on a timely basis.
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Ensure proper response and handling of all emergencies with owners, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on , employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Ensure the distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
- Consistently implement/enforce policies of the company.
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Provide great customer service to residents and client/owners.
- Position prefers 1 year experience in on-site property management. Must have a background in supervision and a successful track record of accomplishments. Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday
- Must have personally owned car/truck, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Successfully pass a drug test.
- Attendance is an imperative job function
- Spanish speaking preferred but not mandatory
$30,000 - $36,000
About Hus, LLC
Hus, LLC is a high energy, optimistic, tenant, and owner focused company. We seek to do things better than the rest of the industry by placing tenant and owner needs before our own.