Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as secondary point of contact for student housing tenants strongly focusing on resident retention, customer service and day to day operations.
- Tenant correspondence and coordination regarding move-in / out logistics, rent collection and billing, landlord services and obligations, incident claims, emergency response best practices and work order requests.
- Prepare and maintain plans and schedules for regular and periodic maintenance, inspections and certifications, presenting results to ownership making recommendations as necessary.
- Ensure that all lease files are accurate, complete and organized.
- Maintain the overall filing system for all current, future and in-progress lease files.
- Responsible for improving and maintaining tenant retention and satisfaction.
- At the direction of property manager, obtain bids and complete all due diligence to execute required repairs and maintenance, as well as capital improvements.
- Follow up with tenants, collect evidence of payment and complete proper eviction protocol as necessary.
- Resolve tenant complaints working with all stakeholders to remove the cause of the complaint and respond to requests in a professional and expedited manner.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Must have access to and use of a vehicle for commuting between sites.
- Complete community and apartment / model tour and apply product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Support leasing staff and proactively engage tenants in annual lease renewal efforts.
- Follow up with prospects. If unable to place prospect at designated property, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect’s needs.
- Assist in the distribution all company or property management issued notices.
- Represent the company in a tailored and professional manner at all times.
- Understand the lease and contracted credit report application outcome.
- Accept rental payments and post rents to YARDI.
- Prepare Agendas and meeting minutes for weekly management meeting and all other reports and materials as needed.
- Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Quickly complete maintenance service requests and inform the maintenance team.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed service requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions.
- Assist in planning and attending resident functions, participating as host for any functions as directed by the Property Manager.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety regulations.
- Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ years’ experience preferably in managing student housing properties
- Prior Yardi experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree, CPM or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Hands on, decisive individual who can work independently as well as with a team
- Must be able to work before / after normal work hours during certain peak move in times
$37,000 - $50,000 (Annual)
About Ciprani Consulting
Ciprani Consulting recruits and trains talented individuals within the Real Estate industry. We are not your average recruiting company; our recruiting also comes with a package for training your new hire. Successful companies and individuals often do not have the time to locate or train talented team members. At Ciprani Consulting, we come along side you, bringing years of industry experience working with the best of the best... and handle the heavy lifting for you.