Montessori Kids Universe
Seeking an experienced teacher assistant to teach in our infants class and toddlers. Montessori experience a plus.
Montessori Kids Universe is a Private Pre-School located in Sugar Land. The overall Montessori environment provides the basis for moral development and respect. The Montessori environments for the younger children through level four provide a nurturing, concrete, and universal classroom for personal and academic growth, with materials translated into English, Spanish, and French.
Looking for an experienced teacher assistant who has worked with infants through toddlers and is comfortable with this age group.
*Montessori experience is a plus*
*Must have past teaching experience*
The Montessori Toddler environment is carefully prepared to aid the toddler in achieving independence. Children who are now comfortably walking leave the nest and move to a space that fits their growing physical needs. There is an observation area for adults, minimal furniture, warm flooring, maximum natural life, selected art placed low on the walls, and defined spaces to challenge the coordination of movement.
Assisting the teacher in planning and implementing the daily program, including the following:
- Treating each child with dignity and respect.
- Planning activities that will encourage each child’s growth in the areas of emotional, social, cognitive, and physical development.
- Recognizing and considering the individual needs of each child in relation to cultural and socio-economic background, handicaps, special talents and interests, style and pace of learning.
- Helping children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
- Establish and maintain safe and healthy learning environment for all children in age group.
- Work to prevent injuries and handle emergencies, accidents and injuries appropriately when they occur.
- Supervising the classroom, according to the plans of the teacher when the teacher is out of the room.
- Helping with meals and preparation of snacks.
- Assisting the teacher in other appropriate ways, including the normalizing of the classroom.
- Maintaining professional attitudes, behavior, and dress at all times while on duty. This includes using the proper channels to air problems and complaints.
- Participating in professional organizations that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality regarding children and their families.
- Generally promoting a good rapport among staff members.
- Sharing with the teacher the responsibility of maintaining a clean room.
- Must have great work ethics and be a team player
- Develop strong classroom management and be able to maintain classroom order.
- Capable of carrying out other related duties assigned by the Teacher or Director.
- Be willing to work with the Administration staff to make Montessori Kids Universe a school of excellence.
- Follow personnel policies of the center.
- Maintain neat appearance.
- Report problems promptly to teacher.
- Come to the center rested and able to deal with the demands of the children.
- Participate in all training's scheduled by Montessori Kids Universe.
- Capable of communicating effectively both orally and in writing as applicable to the job responsibility.
- Ability to lift a child 50 lbs. or more.
- Ability to move furniture/toys/equipment in the classroom.
- Ability to use computers and handle paperwork.
- Ability to multi-task: answer phones, look up information.
- Ability to concentrate on a task.
- Ability to remain alert at work.
- Capable of communicating with emergency personnel.
- Teacher Qualifications:
- While these qualifications are a plus, we are willing to train the right person for this position!
- CDA, Associates or BA in Early Childhood Education
- 2 years prior classroom experience
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice
- Energetic, nurturing, positive, child-friendly personality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write lesson plans and work in a team environment
- Teachers must also portray a high level of professionalism and are expected to keep a clean appearance. A complete background check and drug test will also be required.
Teachers without an AA or BA Degree in a related field or its equivalent must meet the following pre-service requirements:
Must be at least 21 and have a HS diploma or its equivalent and have ONE of the following:
- One year of experience in a center or two years of experience in a family child care home.
- Completed a two-year Child Care Occupational Home Economics course in high school.
- Complete 26 clock hours of training in child development within the first 6 months of employment. (This is in addition to annual in-service training hours. Credential coursework could be counted.)
About Montessori Kids Universe
With Montessori Kids Universe, you can journey toward professional independence as you change the lives of the children you serve. A leader in the industry; Montessori Kids Universe offers an opportunity that is unparalleled. Our unique growth model delivers a Montessori academic environment - coupled with our proprietary Reggio-inspired enrichment curriculum.
We are the premier national and international system of Montessori schools currently opening locations throughout the U.S. Our schools offer an authentic Montessori philosophy, combined with our proprietary Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum. We welcome you to our schools and invite you to learn more about Montessori Kids Universe.