Montessori Kids Universe
Montessori Kids Universe is looking to hire a qualified Infant and Toddler Assistant teacher for our Award Winning campus in Sugar Land, TX.
ALL applicants must be minimum of 21 years of age, have a High School Diploma or equivalent and pass a background check.
Applicants without an AA or BA Degree in a related field or its equivalent must meet the following pre-service requirements:
- One year of experience in a center or two years of experience in a family child care home
- Completed a two-year Child Care Occupational Home Economics course in high school
Assisting the teacher in planning and implementing the daily program, including the following:
- Treating each child with dignity and respect.
- Planning activities that will encourage each child’s growth in the areas of emotional, social, cognitive, and physical development.
- Recognizing and considering the individual needs of each child in relation to cultural and socio-economic background, handicaps, special talents and interests, style and pace of learning.
- Helping children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
- Establish and maintain safe and healthy learning environment for all children in age group.
- Work to prevent injuries and handle emergencies, accidents and injuries appropriately when they occur.
- Supervising the classroom, according to the plans of the teacher when the teacher is out of the room.
- Helping with meals and preparation of snacks.
- Assisting the teacher in other appropriate ways, including the normalizing of the classroom.
- Maintaining professional attitudes, behavior, and dress at all times while on duty. This includes using the proper channels to air problems and complaints.
- Participating in professional organizations that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality regarding children and their families.
- Generally promoting a good rapport among staff members.
- Sharing with the teacher the responsibility of maintaining a clean room.
- Develop strong classroom management and be able to maintain classroom order.
- Capable of carrying out other related duties assigned by the Teacher or Director.
- Be willing to work with the Administration staff to make Montessori Kids Universe a school of excellence.
Follow personnel policies of the center:
- Maintain neat appearance
- Report problems promptly to teacher
- Come to the center rested and able to deal with the demands of the children
- Participate in all trainings scheduled by Montessori Kids Universe
- Capable of communicating effectively both orally and in writing as applicable to the job responsibility
- Ability to lift a child 50 lbs. or more
- Ability to move furniture/toys/equipment in the classroom
- Ability to use computers and handle paperwork
- Ability to multi-task; answer phones, look up information
- Ability to concentrate on a task
- Ability to remain alert at work
- Capable of communicating with emergency personnel
MUST meet one of the following:
- An Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a licensed facility
- A Bachelors degree in any field
$10+ per hour, Based on experience
About Montessori Kids Universe
With Montessori Kids Universe, you can journey toward professional independence as you change the lives of the children you serve. A leader in the industry; Montessori Kids Universe offers an opportunity that is unparalleled. Our unique growth model delivers a Montessori academic environment - coupled with our proprietary Reggio-inspired enrichment curriculum.
We are the premier national and international system of Montessori schools currently opening locations throughout the U.S. Our schools offer an authentic Montessori philosophy, combined with our proprietary Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum. We welcome you to our schools and invite you to learn more about Montessori Kids Universe.