We are looking for an experienced assistant general manager with solid leadership abilities who can grow with us. You will collaborate with our general manager to plan and oversee the hotel's daily operations and assume the GM's responsibilities in their absence. This position is responsible for managing employees and ensuring our guests have a 5-star experience with our services. Our ideal candidate is passionate about customer service while also maintaining the hotel's budget and quality standards. You must have 3 years of management experience in the hospitality industry, and a bachelor's degree in hospitality management is strongly preferred. Apply today if this sounds like an exciting new opportunity for you!
- Consult with the general manager to ensure that all guest service standards are met daily
- Ensure that all local, state, and federal rules and regulations, as well as any corporate or brand-established policies and practices, are followed
- Empower the human resources department to increase efforts for turnover management, employee motivation, and employee growth and retention by providing support
- Collaborate with department heads and the general manager to develop an annual budget, and assess performance throughout the year, making modifications as needed to preserve profitability
- Recommend improvements that will improve the hotel profitability by analyzing department performance and identifying problem areas
- Making sure that each guest experience exceeds expectations. Interfacing with guests on a daily basis and resolving any concerns that may arise.
- Create a well-organized and efficient property operation and initiate a non-siloed work environment amongst all departments.
- This position requires a high school diploma or GED, and a bachelor's degree with preference given to those with a hospitality management degree
- Must have a strong focus on putting the guest first with exceptional customer service experience
- A proven record of experience managing a team, preferably in a hospitality role, is required
- You must have 3 or more years of experience working in the hospitality field
- Possess excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and problem-solving skills
- A high school diploma or GED
About Bluebird Sunapee
With 53 rooms located in the heart of this beautiful region, Bluebird Sunapee is the perfect, affordable lodging option for families and friends looking to explore everything the area has to offer in all four seasons.
A year-round destination, the Sunapee area of New Hampshire offers everything from 3-season canoeing, biking, and hiking—to alpine skiing and snowboarding, ice fishing, and snowshoeing. With the Mt Sunapee State Park on Lake Sunapee just a short walk behind the hotel and Vail's Mount Sunapee Ski Resort just across the street, Bluebird Sunapee is in the center of the region's best activities.