Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Obtains a list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and a list of prospective checkouts in order to prepare work assignments.
- Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and assist the manager with corrective action
- Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine the need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management
- Conducts orientation training of new employees to explain company policies, housekeeping work procedures, and to demonstrate the use and maintenance of equipment
- Records data concerning work assignments, time records, and prepares periodic reports
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and guest complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation
- Assists manager in preparing reports concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department expenses
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service
- Supports and supervisors and effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Have a thorough knowledge of products, including room types, amenities, services, and brand standards
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment
$15 - $17 hourly
About Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park
Discover the benefits of working herer and our portfolio of unique hotel properties. We will review all applications for employment. Whether there is currently an open position at a property or not, we encourage all individuals who are passionate about excellent service to submit their applications.