Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook
The Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook is Fredericton's only 4+ Star downtown waterfront hotel. Working at the Crowne is a fun, rewarding experience as you get to learn from and work alongside some of the finest hospitality professionals in the industry. Benefits include travel discounts to IHG Hotels & Resorts all over the world.
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeping Manager, as Assistant Housekeeping Supervisor at The Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook you will be responsible for assisting the Housekeeping team in setting direction, achieving brand and property goals, and supervising the Housekeeping departmental operations. The Housekeeping Assistant Manager also serves as a resource and support to all Departments to ensure a smooth overall operation of the hotel in the absence of Department Heads and other Managers.
- Supervise Room and Laundry Attendants as well as Housepersons and effectively coach, motivate, communicate, recognize, provide performance feedback and conduct performance correction if required
- Conduct orientation and training to explain policies, and work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment
- Conduct quality inspections of housekeeping and laundry services to ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and procedures
- Update the list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and the list of prospective check-out rooms to prepare work assignments
- Assign daily room cleaning duties to room attendants
- Investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action as necessary
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining inventory of departmental supplies
- Initiate and maintain effective communication between the housekeeping department and all other departments.
- Undertakes other duties, as required
- Previous experience in a similar capacity within a full-service hotel is an asset
- Strong housekeeping experience, particularly as a room attendant is required
- A diploma in tourism and hospitality or professional certification in tourism is considered an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Must be able to step in as Room or as Laundry Attendant
- Must be approachable, open-minded, and possess excellent listening skills
- Must possess the skills to quickly, tactfully resolve and defuse guest and/or employee concerns and ensure the appropriate follow-up is carried out
- Proven ability to effectively handle stressful situations, be receptive to change and increased demands
- Demonstrated ability to train, motivate and develop team members through own experience and passion for customer service
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organization skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven positive interaction skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player
- Multi-tasking proficiency
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Must have basic computer experience [including but not limited to: Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and property management systems (Opera training an asset)]
About Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook
The Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook Hotel awaits you set on Fredericton’s waterfront with over 88 km of recreational trails, you'll find yourself located just steps from the Fredericton Convention Centre, Beaverbrook Art Gallery, and the Fredericton Playhouse. We are the ideal spot for work and play.
Our historic hotel is known for its unbeatable downtown location, its redesigned guest rooms, top-notch meeting, and event services, and inspired dining experiences. Join us for a unique farm-to-table experience supporting local farmers in Maxwell’s Restaurant & Lobby Bar or try the Joyce Pub serving 36 New Brunswick Craft beers on tap. The Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook provides the perfect setting for everything from a successful business meeting to a relaxing weekend retreat.