stayAPT Suites RTP
We're searching for an experienced assistant general manager to help our general manager plan and oversee the hotel's day-to-day operations. When the general manager is unavailable, you will be in charge of supervising personnel, dealing with client problems, and ensuring that our customers enjoy a 5-star experience. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about providing exceptional customer service while adhering to hotel budget and quality standards. A bachelor's degree in hospitality management and three years of managerial experience in the hospitality business are strongly preferred. Apply now if this seems like an exciting new opportunity to you!
- Assist general manager in the day-to-day operation of the hotel in maintaining all standards of guest service
- Verify that all local, state, and federal laws and regulations, as well as any business or brand-specific policies and procedures, are followed
- Collaborate with department heads and the general manager to develop an annual budget, and assess performance throughout the year, making modifications as needed to preserve profitability
- Facilitates management of the hotel's human resources functions, such as HR administration, turnover control, staff motivation, and employee development and retention
- Propose adjustments that will increase hotel profitability by assessing department performance and identifying issue areas
- Showcase exceptional organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- 3+ years of experience working in a hotel or the hospitality industry required
- A high school diploma or GED, and a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in hospitality management or a related field
- Must have a strong focus on putting the guest first with exceptional customer service experience
- A proven record of experience managing a team, preferably in a hospitality role, is required
$16 - $17 hourly
About stayAPT Suites RTP
stayAPT Suites entered the long-term lodging market with an announcement of its new hotel concept in January 2020. The new brand, which will have over 20 hotels open by the end of 2022, with an additional 15+ in development, offers guests an experience not yet seen in its category. The room layout for each 500+ square-foot suite was intentionally designed to feel residential, with a dedicated living room, a full kitchen, and a separate bedroom. With a strong corporate financial backing and an experienced executive team in place, the Matthews, North Carolina-based chain is committed to building a portfolio of 100 corporate-owned hotels, in addition to franchising. Learn more at www.stayAPT.com.