Holiday Inn Express Kansas City Downtown
We are looking for an experienced hotel assistant manager with solid leadership abilities who can grow with us. You will collaborate with our general manager to plan and oversee the hotel's daily operations, and assume the GM responsibilities in their absence. This position is responsible for managing employees and ensuring our guests have a 5-star experience with our services. Our ideal candidate is passionate about customer service while also maintaining the hotel's budget and quality standards. You must have 3 years of management experience in the hospitality industry, and a bachelor's degree in hospitality management is strongly preferred. Apply today if this sounds like an exciting new opportunity for you!
- Deliver support to the human resources department to help them improve turnover management, employee motivation, and staff growth and retention
- Ensure that all local, state, and federal rules and regulations, as well as any corporate or brand-established policies and practices, are followed
- Assist general manager in the day-to-day operation of the hotel in maintaining all standards of guest service
- Collaborate with department heads and the general manager to develop an annual budget, and assess performance throughout the year, making modifications as needed to preserve profitability
- Recommend improvements that will improve the hotel profitability by analyzing department performance and identifying problem areas
- Previous experience managing a team is required; preferably in a hospitality role such as department manager
- Must have at least 3 or more years of experience in the hospitality field
- Proven customer service experience as a manager; strong guest-focused mentality
- A high school diploma or GED, and a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in hospitality management or a related field
- Possess excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and problem-solving skills
35,000 - 40,000 yearly
About Holiday Inn Express Kansas City Downtown
Renovated Historic building next to the T-Mobile Center and Power and Light. Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Kansas City Downtown! Designed for business and leisure travelers, this new hotel is conveniently located and accessible to I-70, I-35, I-29, and US 71. We share a backyard with the Central Business District of Kansas City and adjacent to the T-Mobile Center. The attractions that are just steps away include Kansas City’s Power and Light District, Kansas City Convention Center, Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Crown Center (home to the international headquarters of Hallmark Cards), the Crossroads Art District, Union Station, and Country Club Plaza are a few of the many exciting places for you to discover while visiting this fine city.