The purpose of the Assistant General Manager is to provide support to the General Manager in all areas of the retail function: sales, operations, human capital and compliance. The AGM is responsible for overseeing the dispensary employees in regards to training and development, recruiting and on-boarding and planning monthly schedules.
- Assist the General Manager in daily facility operations
- Participates in creating and implementing company policies; directs and coordinates departmental activities to meet business goals and objectives; ensures profitability and growth
- Reviews activities, costs, operations, and forecast-data to determine progress towards company goals and objectives
- Reviews daily and weekly sales and inventory reports to keep the dispensary fully stocked and resolve any complications or problems
- Directs and reviews facility inventory reports
- Develops and implements training protocols and procedures
- Oversees key projects, processes, and performance reports, data and analysis
- Reviews operations and policies to better meet sales goals and to ascertain market demand, consumer habits, and the potential for new markets
- Reviews and approves accounting analyses for budgeting and implementation, financial reporting, and submittal of capital expenditures
- Ensures facility compliance with federal, state, and local industry regulations
- Develops and communicates plans, employee evaluations, sales, and market analysis reports to the ownership group, including principals and other financial backers
- Effectively and productively communicates with the ownership group and subordinates
- Refines, revises, and enforces company Standard Operating Procedures
- Manages employee relations with support of administrative personnel
- Manages performance by formulating effective goals, setting targets, and key performance indicators as appropriate
- Works with various department managers to prevent loss, diversion, and provide inventory oversight and audits
- Sets the tone, pace and directs the workflow of both staff and management
- Ensures facility compliance with local, state, and federal sanitation standards and occupational, health, and safety regulations
- Responsible for reporting any indication of loss, diversion or theft from the inventory to law enforcement, regulatory agencies, and the owners group
- Participates in continuing dispensary education and general cannabis industry seminars to remain at the forefront of industry best-practices
- Complies with HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or a related field, or 5+ years equivalent industry management experience in a retail setting.
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated people management skills and development capability
- Demonstrated successful leadership
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in technology software, desktop electronics, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- First aid training, OSHA training
- Related experience in a highly regulated industry
About People's OC
At People’s OC, we strive to provide a unique, exceptional customer experience from the moment you enter the dispensary. We pride ourselves with having a professional workforce, trained in the ability to tailor expert recommendations to each customer’s specific needs.
Our energetic team members combine excellent customer service with passion for the cannabis industry. People’s OC creates endless opportunities for our team members to gain valuable professional industry experience as well as making long lasting relationships.
Please visit our website at www.peoplesorangecounty.com
People's OC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.