Field Guide Lodge
Are you a driven leader who thrives on providing memorable service to hotel guests? You could be the perfect fit for our next assistant general manager position! We need an experienced hospitality expert who can work with our general manager on daily operations and take on their responsibilities, such as managing workers and department operations, while they are not available. Our ideal candidate has a bachelor's degree in hospitality management or Restaurants & Beverage, and a strong desire to provide great customer service. Please apply as soon as possible if you are looking for a new and exciting challenge in the hotel industry!
- Manage compliance with company or brand established policies and procedures and any local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Create the yearly hotel budget in collaboration with the general manager and department heads, and assess and adjust performance throughout the year to stay profitable
- Consult with the general manager to ensure that all guest service standards are met daily
- Analyze the performance of each department, report any problem areas, and make recommendations to improve profitability for hotel operations
- Collaborate with department heads and the general manager to develop an annual budget, and assess performance throughout the year, making modifications as needed to preserve profitability
- Strong history with F&B or willingness to learn the craft is a huge plus!
- Recommend improvements that will improve the hotel's profitability by analyzing department performance and identifying problem areas
- Support the general manager in the daily operation of the hotel to ensure that all guest service standards are met
- The high-quality care, well-being, and overall recognition of our guests. Making sure that each guest experience exceeds expectations. Interfacing with guests on a daily basis and resolving any concerns that may arise
- Directly oversee the Front Desk, Reservations, Housekeeping, and Food & Beverage
- Has a working knowledge of high-paced restaurant operations, and willing to step in to assist in any department as needed
- 3+ years of experience working in a hotel or the hospitality industry required
- This position requires a high school diploma or GED, and a bachelor's degree with preference given to those with a hospitality management degree
- You must have previous experience in a manager role overseeing a team, preferably in a hospitality role
- Showcase exceptional organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Must have a strong focus on putting the guest first with exceptional customer service experience
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- Background in F&B huge plus, and willingness to learn is unparalleled
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the guest first and providing exceptional customer service
$55,000 - $60,000 salary
About Field Guide Lodge
Ski, bike, hike, shop or just enjoy the beautiful Green Mountain scenery while staying at our Stowe, Vermont hotel; Field Guide Lodge is an unexpected and delightful starting point for exploring Stowe in any season. Centrally located in the heart of downtown Stowe and a short drive from Mount Mansfield, Field Guide's rooms and suites in the Lodge and Trail House offer year-round accommodations perfect for an intimate escape, a friends’ weekend, or a family get-together.