The Tälta Lodge is a newly renovated Basecamp located on Mountain Road in Stowe, Vermont. The property consists of 51 rooms with an addition of 9 cabins in the Summer of 2023. The Assistant Manager would be responsible for addressing guest concerns in a timely and appropriate manner; creating a face and a connection to our guests and the Hotel. This position requires an individual to actively participate throughout the property on a daily basis. The Assistant Manager works as part of a team to deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient, and courteous while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. The Assistant Manager is primarily responsible for the Front Desk, Billing, and property management system consistency (training and auditing) and oversight of the Food and Beverage program.
- The high-quality care, well-being, and overall recognition of our guests. Making sure that each guest experience exceeds expectations. Interfacing with guests on a daily basis and resolving any concerns that may arise.
- When presented with guest issues, work together with the team to resolve issues in a diplomatic and courteous manner with a focus on guest satisfaction.
- Directly oversee the Front Desk, Reservations, Food and Beverage Dept, and Billing.
- Ensure the collection and accountability of all revenues that interact with the front desk.
- Plan, design, and direct work, addressing complaints and resolving problems efficiently and in a timely manner. Elevate employee performance through motivation, and encouragement and manage performance issues quickly, fairly, and effectively.
- Foster a positive and cooperative work environment between staff and management. Maintain effective and efficient communication across departments.
- Perform monthly inventories of supply needs and ensure that departmental supplies are always on hand and balanced to the needs of the hotel.
- Perform light housekeeping duties to ensure that the appearance of the front desk and lobby areas is according to property specifications. This may include assisting in the laundry or helping occasionally with housekeeping.
- Other duties as assigned by the GM and Lark Hotels.
- Oversight of FB POS audits, and department
- Elevate our FB program to increase and maximize revenue.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficient with Lightspeed or similar POS system.
- Be able to take and give directions.
- Must be neat, courteous, flexible, and extremely detail oriented.
- Must enjoy and be able to meet the public with poise.
- Ability to remain calm, courteous, and professional with demanding guests and in difficult situations.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including the anticipation of what needs to be done before it becomes necessary.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- A team player that is flexible and willing to help support the property and Lark Hotels goals and the ability to support other hotel room operations.
- Ability to work a varied schedule that is dictated by our guest demand and may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- 2-3 plus years of experience in Food and Beverage Management positions with increasing responsibilities.
- Familiarity with the hotel industry but direct experience is not a requirement.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
$58,000 - $65,000
About Tälta Lodge
Talta Lodge is designed with the adventurer in mind. Built for all four season activities—from skiing to mountain biking, to fly fishing and hiking—the property is ideally located along the little river with access points to the Stowe recreation path. Featuring plenty of gear storage, a pump track, indoor pool, and sauna, this hotel is your basecamp for exploring Stowe, Vermont and the surrounding area.