stayAPT Suites Huntsville
JOB SUMMARY The Assistant General Manager will oversee personnel and daily operational tasks in the absence of the General Manager. This role will ensure consistency in quality of standards, maximization of financial returns, development of people, execution of brand standards, and building awareness of our offerings in the local community.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision including 401K retirement plan with company matching up to 5% contribution
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income (Short term is provide, Long Term is voluntary)
- Term Life and ADD Insurance
- Vacation PTO Holiday /Sick PTO
- Deliver excellent first impression for all guests and potential guests, ensuring special requests are filled
- Responsible for In House Sales, including training all associates on in-house selling and capturing and managing front desk leads
- Hire, train, and develop Team Members to their highest level of success
- Work with the team to coordinate and provide excellence in housekeeping, maintenance, operations, and inventory control
- Responsible for proper administration for key control
- Manage online reviews and improve property and brand reputation on key platforms
- Ensure Safety and Security processes and procedures are in place, followed, and utilized
- Know all hotel emergency procedures. Demonstrate and train all associates on these procedures and inform leadership of any safety hazards
- Manage financial processes and responsible for secure cash handling and processing procedures.
- Assist in planning, managing, and attending guest events
- Responsible for the property’s operational success and profitability
- Ability to be readily available if there is an emergency and to effectively handle emergency situations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The noise level is usually moderate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to utilize Excel to conduct analysis.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Exceptional organizational skills. PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ year hotel or supervisory experience
$14 - $16 hourly
About stayAPT Suites Huntsville
stayAPT Suites Huntsville entered the long-term lodging market with an announcement of its new hotel concept in January 2020. The new brand, which will have over 20 hotels open by the end of 2022, with an additional 15+ in development, offers guests an experience not yet seen in its category. The room layout for each 500+ square-foot suite was intentionally designed to feel residential, with a dedicated living room, a full kitchen, and a separate bedroom. With a strong corporate financial backing and an experienced executive team in place, the Matthews, North Carolina-based chain is committed to building a portfolio of 100 corporate-owned hotels, in addition to franchising. Learn more at www.stayAPT.com.