The Lodge on Lake Oconee
We're searching for an experienced hotel assistant manager to help our general management plan and oversee the hotel's day-to-day operations. Supervisory or management experience with Marriott or Hilton is preferred. Those candidates without hotel experience must have an extensive management background.
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about providing exceptional customer service while adhering to hotel budget and quality standards.
Duties will include managing the front desk operations, implementing hotel training programs, in-house sales efforts, and light accounting duties.
HOTEL SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. This is an ideal opportunity for a front office manager or housekeeping manager to advance in the hotel industry.
- Compose an annual budget in coordination with department heads and the general manager, and perform audits throughout the year to ensure profitability
- Deliver support to the human resources department to help them improve turnover management, employee motivation, and staff growth and retention
- Verify that all local, state, and federal laws and regulations, as well as any business or brand-specific policies and procedures, are followed
- Assist general manager in the day-to-day operation of the hotel in maintaining all standards of guest service
- Recommend improvements that will improve the hotel profitability by analyzing department performance and identifying problem areas
- Manages all finance and accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, unit owner accounting, petty cash, payroll and ordering procedures, and end of period.
- You must have previous experience in a manager role overseeing a team, preferably in a hospitality role
- 3+ years of experience working in a hotel or the hospitality industry required
- This position requires a high school diploma or GED, and a bachelor's degree with preference given to those with a hospitality management degree
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the guest first and providing exceptional customer service
- Have superb communication skills, organizational skills, and problem-solving skills
$36,000 - $42,000 yearly
About The Lodge on Lake Oconee
The Lodge on Lake Oconee is a small, 80 room lakefront boutique hotel located in Eatonton, GA. Our hotel is looking for outgoing, motivated individuals dedicated to providing an outstanding experience for all of our guests. This is a unique opportunity to help build a hotel brand as the hotel is about to embark upon extensive renovations throughout the property.