Woodson YMCA, Inc.
The Assistant Engagement Director promotes a positive, professional atmosphere by providing excellent customer service, exemplifying our YMCA values, enthusiastically greeting members and guests, efficiently selling memberships and programs, and guiding facility tours. This position serves as a leader in the building for late afternoon and evening activities during the week. The Assistant Engagement Director is also responsible for supervising and managing the Youth Lobby and Mini Care departments.
Accepting applications until August 19, 2019.
Compensation: $29,000 - $32,000 yearly
- Greet and assist all members and guests in a friendly, professional manner. Be enthusiastic by learning names and expressing interest in their YMCA activities.
- Answer the phone, process membership applications, register participants for programming, and answer any questions in an accurate and courteous manner.
- Serve as a lead staff person for the Member Services staff.
- Hire manage, supervise, and develop the Wausau Branch Mini Care and Youth Lobby departments. Work occasional shifts in each department to ensure quality.
- Monitor the Wausau Branch between 4:00-7:00p.m. Monday-Friday to ensure all areas are staffed, policies are being followed, act as the control center during emergency situations, and provide tours of the facility.
- Respond to member needs and resolve customer service problems.
- Provide administrative support to the Member Engagement & Assistant Operations Director.
- Sell and coordinate birthday parties at the Wausau Branch.
- Participate in all mandatory fundraising events.
- Maintain working knowledge of Daxko Operations, emergency procedures, and child abuse prevention.
- Incorporate the YMCA values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility into all aspects of the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, organizational skills, communication, and computer knowledge.
- Professionalism in both attitude and appearance.
- Ability to remain calm and perform duties in emergency situations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- May require early morning or weekend shifts.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required within 30 days of employment
$29,000 - $32,000 yearly
About Woodson YMCA, Inc.
The Woodson YMCA is an engine of transformation in our community. Our programs, services and initiatives: enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for leadership, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a service ethic. We instill our core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility and Respect throughout our Y programs.
People come to the Y to learn, have fun and get fit. But they soon discover skills, confidence, a sense of well-being and a connection to the world around them. You can find a gym, swimming pool or a treadmill in lots of places but it is our cause that makes the Y different. After serving our community for 127 years, just think of all those lives we have shaped and the future we have changed for the better. We really do strengthen the foundation of our community.