Hilton Charlotte University Place
The Hilton Charlotte University Place is hiring an Assistant Chief Engineer.
- The Assistant Chief Engineer will assist the Chief Engineer in overseeing all property maintenance operations, including capital projects.
- The Assistant Chief will report to the Chief Engineer.
- Ideal candidate should be hands-on with strong MEP experience.
- Must complete tasks involving repairs for HVAC, electrical, plumbing, wall repair, vinyl, painting, carpentry, etc. as needed to maintain quality and condition of hotel.
- Must complete required reports regarding maintenance projects including, but not limited to, cost estimates/bids, inventory of tools/spare parts, and labor expenses.
- Must partner with operations to complete projects with minimal disruption to guests/clients.
- Must work with landscaping and outdoor lighting vendors to ensure suitable coverage.
- Must follow proper accounting protocols and purchase order procedures for equipment and supplies using approved vendors and contractors.
- Must assist with hotel security functions as needed.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with leadership regarding ongoing projects, out-of-order guest rooms, meeting space repairs, etc.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed for business demands or maintenance projects.
- Previous Engineering experience in a hotel setting is preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of all phases of hotel engineering - plumbing, electrical, HVAC certified, certified in boiler maintenance, preventative maintenance, etc., and will be able to effectively delegate work and tasks to subordinates to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel.
- Must possess excellent time/project management and organizational skills
- Must possess strong leadership and people management skills to work with Engineering team ensuring coaching, counseling, development and accountability.
- Must have the ability to handle the physical requirements of the job to complete required tasks.
About Hilton Charlotte University Place
Our lakeside hotel is off I-85, a half-mile from The University of North Carolina at Charlotte and steps from The Shoppes at University Place. PNC Music Pavilion and the Charlotte Motor Speedway are 10 minutes away. Features include a seasonal outdoor pool, patio seating with fire pits, a café serving Starbucks coffee, an on-site restaurant/bar, 20,000 square feet of meeting/event space, a 24-hour fitness center, and walking trails.