Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Are you a meticulous party planner? Does working with your Manager on delivering on the promise of a wonderful event that creates memories and wows the guests, something that makes you say "I love my job"!? Is training a team of dedicated servers to see the vision and make it happen something you excel at? Then the role of Assistant Banquet Manager is right for you, as this role supports the Banquet Manager in overseeing the setup and service of the entire banquet function so that the guest has the ultimate experience. As Assistant Banquet Manager you will:
- See and Deliver on the Vision --- ensuring the smooth operation of all banquet events, following the BEO, and communicating to your Manager and various departments at the hotel exactly what it is the party planner expects while, of course, meeting and exceeding financial goals.
- Elevate the Vision -- using your experience, knowledge of your property's abilities, and passion to elevate the guest experience and optimize the tools/space you have, managing each aspect of the events you may be assigned. In your role, you must ensure you are listening to the client regarding their needs/desires and then delivering with a team you have personally selected and/or trained to do the job.
- Have the Buck Stop with You -- if anything goes contrary to plan, take personal ownership and make right what you can as soon as you can so feedback is positive and your property's reputation as the banquet location of choice is enhanced. Obviously keeping your Manager in the loop and acting on his/her instructions is key.
- Be a Cheerleader --inspiring your staff with your "can do" attitude so you are a role model for all to follow and creating an environment that is motivating and engaging so everyone strives to do their best and is rewarded appropriately.
- Be a Manager on Duty -- if requested.
- Provide an optimal level of event service by supervising the banquet area's daily operations, including ordering supplies, supervising event space set-up, and determining staffing levels
- Ensure a quality product is provided by communicating with clients about banquet event options that match their budget, and go over any adjustments, questions, or concerns
- Assess and document the outcome of each event to propel future improvement upon all processes
- Develop policies, procedures, quality standards, and cost-saving measures within the department to continuously improve the customer-focused banquet area
- Relay all event orders to on-site banquet staff members so they are made aware of their duties and responsibilities
- At least 3 years in a supervisory role in hospitality or food service
- Possess excellent computer skills, especially MS Office -Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- High school diploma or equivalent, associate degree in hospitality management preferred
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must have a strong focus on putting the guest first with exceptional customer service experience
$56,000 - $65,000 yearly
About Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Stunning views, well-appointed rooms, and a host of bespoke experiences are waiting for you at Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, a Rochester landmark with a history as rich as its future. Here, guests can indulge in an all-inclusive getaway, featuring our award-winning Horizons Modern Kitchen + Wine Bar, the Spa at Woodcliff, The Links at Woodcliff USGA-rated 9-hole golf course, and over 70 acres of hiking trails in our backyard. Recently named the top event venue in Rochester, Woodcliff offers over 14,000 square feet of event space, including our detached Event Center, for extraordinary weddings and unforgettable corporate events.
Of course, Woodcliff is a beautiful property, but without our associates, that's all it would be. It's our associates that have made us an industry-leading hotel, year after year, over three decades. If you share our passion for hospitality that shatters standards, we'd love to hear from you.