Supervise and direct the financial activities of the hotel, safeguard the assets, and prepare financial reports in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards for two Center City hotels, The Westin Philadelphia and The Rittenhouse Hotel.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading hotel investment, management, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to over 200 hotels across North America, which includes world-class brands in the select service and full-service markets as well as a collection of independent and boutique hotels.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise hotel management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries, and expenses of the hotel.
- Prepare, review, and present the Monthly Report of Operations.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets as required (annual, revised annual, monthly, and/or on Hersha Hospitality/owner's request).
- Ensure payroll practices meet the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Oversee contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining licenses, permits, insurance, and contracts.
- Establish and audit internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and associate time records.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment, and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 to 10 years of accounting experience in the hospitality industry.
HHM is an award-winning hotel management and investment company that operates over 200 full-service and select-service hotels with 10,000 associates in markets across the country. HHM is a leading manager of Marriott, Hilton, IHG, and Hyatt brands, and also operates over 30 independent luxury and lifestyle hotels. The highly experienced and stable operating team is known for being nimble, accountable, and passionate in how they drive market-leading results for owners and best-in-class experiences for associates and guests.