University Club of Tampa
The University Club of Tampa is looking for knowledgeable, experienced & positive servers to join our growing food and beverage team. This opportunity requires previous experience as an ala carte server and banquet server in an upscale food and beverage operation.
To provide food & beverage service to all members & guests, while also creating and providing an excellent and memorable member experience.
Responsible for food and beverage service to Members and guests, adhering to the Club’s standards of service.
- Complete and comprehensive knowledge of the a la carte menu, including daily features and specials.
- Accurately execute Member/Guest orders and requests in an attentive and timely fashion.
- Ensure that room(s) are set up correctly, bussed consistently, cleaned continually and know how the room needs to be set up for the next event, if applicable.
- Possess clear knowledge of all various liquors, beer and wines available at the Club.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed. Present yourself with a professional appearance and mannerisms.
- Assist with the complete setup and breakdown of the banquet area.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for a long period of time.
- Push and pull equipment over the carpet and navigate through back hallways and banquet rooms.
- Understand Banquet Event Orders and are familiar with reading timelines, floor diagrams, guest counts, menus, and other additional information.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision and can also work with a team.
- 1 to 3 years high profile service operation working in Ala Carte service.
- Banquet experience 2 years
$17 - $18.50 Commensurate with experience
About University Club of Tampa
University Club of Tampa, Inc.
“Home to Tampa’s Business Leaders, Situated in the heart of downtown Tampa with a breathtaking view of Tampa Bay”
We are located in the heart of downtown Tampa. We are a team and a family at the University Club of Tampa. We offer the following benefits to all our full-time employees.
- Dental Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Meals and uniforms
- Vision insurance