Simply Bee Counseling
Are you a passionate and caring professional who prides yourself on providing the best possible care for your clients? If so, we have a wonderful opportunity at our clinic for a mental health therapist. Responsibilities include conducting intakes, developing custom treatment plans with goals and objectives, offering crisis intervention when needed, and following up with patients to ensure they're getting the best care possible. Our ideal candidate has 1-3 years of experience counseling adolescents. If this sounds like a rewarding opportunity, please apply now!
- Perform intake assessments and evaluations of client needs to diagnose their mental or emotional health problems
- Use clients' medical information, interviews, observation, and assessments, as well as collaboration with other staff members to determine and develop individualized treatment plans with goals and objectives
- Meet with clients to listen to their problems and build treatment plans and coping strategies for the client to follow
- Reassess client situations and provide appropriate follow-up care based on their current needs
- Aid with crisis intervention for clients when they are in a state of distress
- Recommend community services or specialists for clients and family members in need
- Coordinate with outside agencies, healthcare providers, and community outreach programs to provide clients with needed services
- Work directly with clients to help them overcome mental health issues and lead a healthier life.
- Complete continuing education courses to maintain Illinois State Licensure through IDFPR (LPC, LSW, LCSW, LCPC, LMFT) certification and stay up to date on the latest practices
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or a related field (required)
- Illinois State License through IDFPR: LPC, LSW, ALMFT, LCPC, LCSW, LMFT (required)
- Two years of counseling with children ages 13 and up (strongly preferred)
- Previous experience working in a higher level of care (preferred)
- Experienced Eating Disorder Therapist a plus
- Specialization in Sport and Health Psychology and Certified Mental Performance Coach with the Association for Applied Sports Psychology (AASP) a plus
- Ability to work two evenings per week 12 pm - 9 pm and Saturdays 8 am - 5 pm (required)
- Conflict resolution
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Genuinely care about people and be able to connect with them
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and be dependable
- Able to work independently
$55,000 - $80,000 yearly
About Simply Bee Counseling
Mission statement: We change lives through programs, services, and resources for all people to recognize, achieve, and sustain personal wellness.
Vision statement: A world where all people can simply “bee” themselves through mental, physical, and spiritual wellness.
Organizational Core Values:
Simply Bee staff aspire daily to demonstrate a strong understanding and use of our core values:
Quality: To passionately do our best to deliver exceptional quality services and products to our clients and continuously improve all that we do.
Caring: We work to collaborate with each other being transparent and mutually respectful.
Growth: To continue to reach more clients by expanding and innovating our programs and services, challenging our people to grow personally and professionally.