The King Centre for the Performing Arts
We’re looking for a highly driven Administrative Manager to lead our administrative staff. This is a hands-on position where the essential functions include a combination of secretarial tasks, billing, customer service, human resources, and the coordination of departmental processes and services. The work is performed under the general instructions received from the owner and the company's artistic director. You’ll be in charge of overseeing office operations, streamlining systems, and ensuring our administrative support is accurately following office policies. The ideal candidate is an organized and efficient leader who loves motivating and encouraging others to do their best work. If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Manage office’s secretarial duties including leading day-to-day operations and overseeing administrative assistants
- Streamline office systems including organizing filing systems, ordering office supplies, maintaining office equipment, scheduling team member meetings, and optimizing the organizational budget
- Facilitate office policies and procedures, ensuring they meet our organization’s standards
- Communicate with third-party vendors, contractors, service providers and customers as a representative of our organization
- Carry out other human resources tasks and office administration duties when necessary
- Creating Social Media posts with Canva and managing Marketing and Social Media Platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and the business's website
- The work is performed under the general instructions received from the owner and the company's artistic director. Candidates must be able and comfortable interacting with children and parents with positivity and professionalism
- This position will entail working a combination of day and evening hours, some Saturdays, and other special events throughout the school season. It also involves traveling between two locations (one studio in Wanaque, NJ, and one in Mahwah, NJ) when needed.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office
- Displays strong communication, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Over 2 years of prior management experience or similar work experience in an office environment
- Must be comfortable interacting with children and families
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary for working with diverse groups of people with varying backgrounds Must communicate effectively with staff, faculty, administrators, students, and parents
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Experience in a school, performing arts academy, dance studio management, or administration is a MAJOR plus
- Knowledge of the Jackrabbit Admin Program is a MAJOR plus
- An Associate's Degree in Business Administration, Office Management, or a similar field of study is a huge plus
$20 - $24 hourly
About The King Centre for the Performing Arts
The King Centre for the Performing Arts is an ever-growing and evolving family-owned business; we are all one big family. Our mission is to provide a positive, healthy, creative, and well-balanced performing arts program in various dance styles, early childhood development, theatre arts, and music. Our faculty and staff are nurturing, supportive, and caring people who want to help both educate and elevate our students; while helping them grow as individuals in the process. We all wear multiple hats and are engaged in the big picture to deliver the perfect journey and fantastic experience for our students and their families.