Neighborhood Nerds, Inc.
Our Administrative Assistant / Receptionist Nerd is the front line for member interactions and is primarily responsible for creating a warm, welcoming atmosphere in the Nerd shop.
You are often the first point of contact for clients and potential clients. You communicate that they are welcome, cared for and in good hands. You will calm their initial stress, frustration and/or confusion. You will maintain the Nerd Store to project an atmosphere of warmth, calm, organization and competence.
- Welcome everyone with a cheerful smile and warm greeting.
- Check telephone and email messages every morning.
- Make coffee in the mornings for the team.
- Offer coffee, water or drinks to our walk-in members and clients.
- Answer all phone calls.
- Greet walk-in members and clients, by name if possible.
- Create support requests in MHelpDesk for every walk-in and phone call request for help.
- Check New SR’s and new emails throughout the day.
- Enter member data into computer as needed.
- Schedule Nerd appointments.
- Schedule Tech Talk classes.
- Create and email announcements to members regarding Tech Talks, Holidays and closures due to bad weather.
- Scan documents (SR’s,UPS, Amazon...) as needed and place into member profiles.
- Check frequently and respond quickly to Slack messages.
- Read messages in Slack regarding our members to stay aware of Nerd actions.
- Keep track of attendees for Tech Talk and inform speaker as needed.
- Stock supplies (drinks, snacks, toiletries, coffee, etc.).
- Maintain all public areas to insure that they are neat, orderly and well stocked as necessary (restrooms have toilet paper, hand towels, soap; coffee/water stations have cups, coffee, tea, etc.
- Sign for packages.
- Check mail.
- Pick up and have Nerds order supplies as needed.
- Set up for classes and special events.
- Confirm Nerd has snacks and drinks lined up for Tech Talks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively enrolled in an Accredited College or recent graduate
- OCD tendencies are a plus
- Enjoys meeting new people
- Very patient and kind
- Welcome change, very adaptable
- Sociable and personable
- Composure in the face of challenge
About Neighborhood Nerds, Inc.
Neighborhood Nerds is more Life Support than Technical Support. Our members pay a monthly fee to have access to a team of Nerds who provide a Concierge-type service. Our membership model allows our Nerds to know our Members and their technology. This knowledge gives our Nerds the best possible opportunity for success each and every time. Successfully providing solutions to our Members is the primary goal of Neighborhood Nerds.
Our Nerds strive to increase proactive engagements with our members while reducing reactive requests. Every Nerd is responsible for maintaining the knowledge base for all members. Each Nerd is constantly updating Member Profiles, Member Manuals, Notes, etc. so we always have a complete understanding of who the member is and how we can best serve them. Nerds are also required to engage all members EVERY month via phone, email, note, visit, etc.