We are a small family owned business operating out of Taylor, MI. How small? Well, we currently have 20 full time employees and would like to add one more to join our team. A little about us, we like to have fun and enjoy our work. If you pop into our fabrication shop you may see some of our guys riding bikes or tinkering with motorized skateboards. If you stop by at the end of the day on a Friday you’ll see that we serve free beer! Yes, you actually just read that. Now that we have your attention, let’s get back to the real purpose of this job posting. We are in need of another Administrative Assistant. This position is perfect for someone with an upbeat personality, friendly disposition and a willing attitude. Our front office staff members are vital to the success of the overall company. When operating as a well-oiled machine, front office staff members are literally the glue that keeps things together. Although duties may be split, the team spirit remains and the front office staff members form a cohesive unit that is able to work together to complete tasks in a timely fashion. As you can imagine, this position is essential to the success of our company as well as the satisfaction of our customers. Our employees are an extremely important part of our organization and we show them that we genuinely care about them by providing internal customer service regardless of their position. We break the barriers and traditions that are typically seen in corporate environments by keeping an open flow of respect and servitude throughout our organization. We are dedicated to helping our employees grow personally and professionally as well as providing a culture that is geared towards helping them succeed.
Our benefits include:
We are determined to find the correct candidate for this position as we take our relationship with our customers very seriously. Our Administrative Assistants play a vital role in promoting our office environment while serving the best needs of our customers. What kind of customers? We service a wide range, from large corporations to small startup companies. Regardless of their size, we think they are awesome and love to show them we care by providing them with quality products that can withstand the test of time.
So now that we told you how awesome we are (and how awesome our customers are), let’s dive a little bit deeper into what we would like from you:
1) You need to be a team player. One of the perks of being a small company is that our employees often times get to learn skills that may be outside of their specific focus or job description. If we have a deadline to meet we may need all hands on deck, including yours! We are all working towards the same goal and helping each other is part of our core values. Don’t worry, we also know that wearing too many hats can be counterproductive and we don’t believe in overworking our employees.
2) You need to genuinely enjoy helping others. In this position, you will be working as part of a team. Viewing fellow employees as internal customers and lending a helping hand during times of need will certainly lead to your success within our family-oriented atmosphere. The level of service we require both internally and externally is most easily carried out by those who have a helpful nature as well as an upbeat optimistic attitude.
3) You need strong interpersonal communication skills. Due to the nature of this position, having strong interpersonal communication skills is essential. Customer service and communication are integral parts of us accurately supporting the needs of our customers. Clear, concise communication will benefit our team and allow everyone on board to work together towards crossing the finish line.
4) We need you to be fairly qualified. We will definitely provide training specific to the needs of our company and set you up for success; however, you should have proven experience in the following: arranging all aspects of travel, proof-reading, shipping and logistics (both in-bound and out-bound), managing inventory, performing basic Bookkeeping tasks (Accounts Payable/Receivable) answering phones, assisting customers and greeting visitors. It’s better to build a house on a strong foundation and we feel the same way about filling this position. Previous experience with QuickBooks is strongly preferred.
5) You have to be very detail oriented. Customer requests primarily filter through the front office staff members. To provide the best level of service possible we need you to be very detail oriented. Both internal and external customers will be counting on you to help them get what they need. Here’s a little test; after submitting your application you will receive a short survey. Please answer the sixth question as false. Why? Partially to weed out people who are applying for every position under the sun and also to see how detail oriented you truly are.
6) You must be willing to learn. Although you may be very qualified and experienced, we always encourage our employees to think outside of the box and continue to develop professionally. As a company, we encourage our employees to read our book list and attend training programs that help foster innovation and better serve our customers.
Congratulations, you made it all the way through this job posting! Although we are genuinely in need of filling this position in a timely fashion, we understand how important it is that we find the correct culture fit for our work family. After submitting your application, you will receive an invitation to complete a personality assessment. Please note that completion of the assessment is required in order for us to review your application. Our hiring process may be a unique experience for you, but we promise we will keep you posted every step of the way. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to meeting you soon!