Family Forum, Inc.
Supports the executive team (Executive Director, Early Head Start Director; HR Director, and Finance
Officer) in carrying out policies and procedures for program operations.
- Assists in recruiting and enrolling families to include the implementation of the interview, verification, and determination process
- Maintains community resource guides
- Applies updates to agency policies and forms as initiated by the executive team
- Assists in the updates of the strategic plan and self-assessment as directed by the executive director
- Complies with internal control and check & balance duties, specific to incoming cash and checks, as assigned. This is to include stuffing checks, record cash/checks received, makes bank deposits, and mails fiscal documents
- Assists the finance department in preparation on payroll processing as needed
- Coordinates training accommodations (i.e. site, meal, equipment, etc.)
- Assists in facilitating and conducting new hire orientation
- Schedules employee physicals and other appointments as directed by the HR director
- Processes employee and volunteer criminal background checks
- Supports the beginning and end of year program operations by: - Collating "Enrollment Day" packets; - Collating "Family Portfolio" materials
- Supports the Superior Office by: Operating office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems; Operates a computer for spreadsheets, word processing, database management, and other applications; Greets visitors and callers, handles inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate person according to their needs; Routes, copies, faxes correspondences, and other documents; Develops agency newsletters and disperses to sites; Ensures the office is equipped with office supplies
- Assists in the employee and volunteer recruitment process to include: The placement of advertisements for open positions; Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, volunteers, and intern/practicum students; Processing employment applications and coordinates hiring committees
- Assists in maintaining employment records to include the filing, tracking, and updating of: Training records - Medical records - Personnel files - HR database system - Agency's Affirmative Action Plan
- Processes personnel applications, reports, and requests to include: Benefit applications
- Supports the agency IT system by
- Maintaining, updating, and promoting Family Forum, Inc.'s internal web page to include forms, policies, and other agency documents; Coordinates the use of agency computers and contacting the agency's IT resources when needed; Creating new user accounts on agency computers
- Other duties may be assigned
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree (two-year college or technical school) Required
- Field of Study: Administrative Assistant or related
- 2 plus years of experience in Administration or secretarial positions
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office; Knowledge of general computer functions
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.