O'Connell Law LLC
Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Are you tired of going into the office and want to work in your slippers? Are you looking to get into a field where you can have a sense of purpose? Do you need flexibility with your schedule, the ability to work from anywhere, and are only looking to work part-time? Then keep reading!!
We are looking for someone friendly and professional who is extremely comfortable with computers and technology and who has a passion for helping others. This special someone takes immense pride in supporting others, enjoys preparing and executing a plan, and loves listening and communicating with clients.
Who are "we"? We are a warm and family-focused Elder Law, Estate Planning, and Estate Administration focused law firm that takes pride in treating clients well and having business procedures that are designed to cultivate rapport and build relationships with clients. Equally as important is being a team player: we never say, “that’s not my job,” and every member of the team proactively and positively helps and supports one another. We are a work family, and we genuinely believe that every person at our firm is essential to our success.
Your primary job will be to serve as the direct point of contact with all of our elder law clients, providing excellent customer service and support as we help them prepare their life plans; including but not limited to reviewing and updating estate planning documents, collecting and organizing financial information, coordinating and supporting aging life care specialists, preparing for and guiding clients on government benefits, and supporting and communicating with someone’s loved ones.
If you enjoy responsibility, are reliable and personable, are smart, hardworking, and well-organized, we are looking for you! You *must* be well versed with technology, be able to work on multiple matters concurrently and be able to meet deadlines.
Job seekers do Not need a legal background to apply, but should have superb organizational skills and love talking to people. Ready to join the team? Send in your application today!
- Organize our case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Draft and proofread legal documents and forms for accuracy and consistently
- Interact with clients to collect information and assist clients with finding and sharing information
- Prepare and proofread correspondence
- Handle outgoing mailings to be put into our database and then sent out in a timely manner
- Ensure all data and documents are properly put in the client matter throughout all stages
- Electronically share sensitive legal documents with clients
- Organize hard copy and electronic client files and documents in accordance with established procedures
- Copy, scan, edit, and file documents to support the team
- Collect and retrieve information from electronic client files as needed
- Perform general operational tasks as needed
- Schedule client calls as necessary.
- Serve as a backup to answering the telephone promptly and professionally.
- Communicate with all clients, prospective clients, and guests with the utmost level of professionalism, care, tact, and absolute warmth and empathy
- Prior experience in office management or our industry is a plus but not required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Enjoys talking with clients and can communicate through verbal and written channels
- Navigates computer programs with ease to provide a quick front-desk experience for customers
- Shows ability to quickly finish very detailed work
- Comfortable with learning new technology!
- Comfortable with office equipment (printer, copier, fax, scanner, shredder)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading skills)
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and deliver timely work
- Professional telephone etiquette with the ability to take accurate messages
- Ability to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion
- Able to proactively identify solutions to problems encountered
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and comfortably be able to multi-task without dropping balls
- Able to work well under pressure
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Able to effectively handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to follow checklists and assigned tasks
- Team-oriented and friendly with the ability to work independently, too
- Ability to take direction as well as learn from constructive feedback
- Flexibility with the ability to adapt to change
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability, and ability to take pride and ownership of work
- Ethical code of conduct
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relate to and work with families
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously over a period of time
- Enjoy working with systems and thrive on learning them
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse individuals both internally and externally for Firm
- Positive attitude and demeanor with the ability to demonstrate tact, empathy warmth, and diplomacy
- Take immense pride in providing superior customer service
Please Include a Cover Letter detailing:
- Why do you consider yourself exemplary?
- How/why you would be a good cultural fit for our firm?
About O'Connell Law LLC
We are a law firm focusing on wills and trusts, elder law, and probate/estate administration. O'Connell Law LLC is about warmth hospitality and making things easy. Our focus is always to take care of families.