Our busy construction company is seeking an organized construction administrative assistant to support our office with clerical and administrative tasks. You’ll help our office staff communicate with vendors and clients, data entry, and A/P and A/R entry. The ideal candidate will have great computer, communication, and time management skills. We ask that any candidate looking to apply for this job is willing to wear many different hats and learn new things. Previous experience in the industry is helpful, but not required. If you are looking for a great opportunity in administrative support, we’d love to talk with you!
- Complete administrative support tasks for the office manager, project manager, general contractor, and other construction management staff
- Act as a point of contact for vendors, subcontractors, and various construction services teams and solicit quotes from them for new jobs
- Draw up forms such as purchase orders, change orders, service agreements, and subcontracts
- Field inbound communications. Answer phones calls/electronic message inquiries and route to the appropriate internal parties as needed
- Act as a point of contact for office guests and subcontractors
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors and subcontractors
- Handle accounts payable and accounts receivable for separate entities and vendors
- Analyze workflow processes
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) are needed
- Great organization, time management, and communication skills are vital
- Familiarity with the construction industry is desired, but not required
- Proficient with QuickBooks a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A/P and A/R experience preferred
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- 1 - 2 years experience as an administrative assistant, project management a plus
- Must be able to work 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 pm
$20 - $25 hourly
About CMG Midwest
At CMG Midwest we build the places where life happens and we find camaraderie in the process. We're a company committed to building better communities and the spaces that house them. That's why we are always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's new in our industry - we're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of.
If you'd like to grow with us - let's get started!